Gave it 4 out of 5 stars because it cost less than other ground bars however it looks like you mi...
August 01, 2018
Verified Purchase & Recommended Product
Gave it 4 out of 5 stars because it cost less than other ground bars however it looks like you might be getting what you pay for. If you want to use it in a non-GE panel, be prepared to drill and tap the can (cabinet, housing) to match the bar which is not a bad practice since it assures a solid electrical connection from the ground bar to the can or load center cabinet. The lug screws will accept a Roberts (square) driver but the heads strip out pretty easily which defeats the higher torque advantage of using a Roberts driver. The Sq-D lug screws in the panel I used it in did not have this issue. A Philips driver worked fine to secure tighten the lug screws even after stripping out the Roberts. Knowing the limitations, I would still buy it again because of the cost savings.
- long bar
- less expensive than other brands
- larger lugs (all uniform) - nice for branch circuits up to #8 in any position
- comes with mounting screws
- stands a little taller than some other ground bars I have used
- lug screws strip out easy when using Roberts (square) driver
- no larger lugs for wires greater than #8