Perfect solution to organize rakes, shovels, blowers and more
Six hooks provide hanging storage to keep tools organized
Track installs easily on drywall over studs or masonry walls
out of 387 reviews
99% recommend this product
Showing 1-10 of 387 reviews
Aug 4, 2020
I am quite pleased with the Gladiator GearTrack Garage Hook Kit. I needed to hang a typical assor...
I am quite pleased with the Gladiator GearTrack Garage Hook Kit. I needed to hang a typical assortment of garage tools (yard shovels, snow shovels, rakes,saws) and a couple of car bike racks. After reviewing an excellent online comparison of the Gladiator and Rubbermaid racks (both of which were viewed favorably), I opted for the Gladiator kit, actually getting two of them for a total of 16' of length.
What I liked:
1) The plastic rail is really strong, but very "drillable" at any point along the horizontal channel lines. One can always drill into the stud, no matter if they are not on 16" centers.
2) The supplied self tapping screws were excellent.
3) Hanging was easy. I used my laser level, tacked another board on the wall at the laser line, set the 4' rack piece on top of the "tack board", and quickly put up the 4' sections without difficulty.
3) The assortment of hooks in the box was very good. This was probably one of my biggest concerns, as buying a bunch of hooks separately seemed to drive the cost up, plus, an assortment of hooks was not on display at Home Depot, being only available by special order.
4) The price for 8' of channel and 8 hooks was reasonable at Home Depot at $60 for the kit.
5) My wife was really happy.
Inconsistent production - but great product for the money
I purchase several sections with and without accessories, and love the product. It works great for what I needed. But I noticed that depending on if you buy the track by itself or bundled with hooks the measuremenrs are slightly off and do not align end to end perfectly. It was slightly annoying, but I got over it. I would buy this product again, and recommend
Response from Gladiator TeamFeb 5, 2020
Awesome! So happy to hear that ks1234. We will forward your concern to the appropriate departments for review in future design consideration.
I'm very impressed with this system. It was easy to install and came with useful hooks. I did purchase extra hooks, but this kit is a great starter! The garage looks so much better with all of the clutter off of the floor.
I like the fact that the Geartrack is shorter than the 48" and 96" options. I would have preferre...
I like the fact that the Geartrack is shorter than the 48" and 96" options. I would have preferred to just buy the track and not the hooks but they work just fine. Great for tight spaces where 48" GearTracks won't fit.
Response from Gladiator TeamApr 24, 2019
Hello Phigtower, Thank you for your comments. Please note, you can cut the 48" GearTracks no less than 24". Thank you.
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I got this for my husband and he loves it. This durable Lawn GearTrack is going to be perfect for keeping shovels, rakes, brooms hanging up out of the way. This will also keep us from leaning them up against the wall where they can fall over onto our car. We were very impressed with the quality of the construction of this piece and it was very easy to install. I held it in place while my husband attached it to the wall but a person could probably install it alone. We used a power drill to drill pilot holes and to install the screws. Now that my husband has this track he's already dreaming of getting more!
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] My husband hung this GearTrack in our crowded garage and it freed up a lot of ground space that was cluttered with lawn tools. This was quick and easy to install, and is very safe and secure on the wall. Our garage is brick and this was easy to hang, and with a lot of tools hanging from it, it stays well put on the wall. I highly recommend for your garage or shed if you need to free up some space!