We were in the beginning stages of a bathroom remodel when this showed up as a special of the day. The installation was easy (since I wasn't doing it myself!) and the functionality is superb! The bluetooth is easy to connect and although it's not the best quality sound, it works perfect for bathroom ambiance music. I especially like the blue light as a night light. We can get up at night and not have to turn on any lights and disturb our sleep. I would highly recommend this light fixture to anyone.
- Easy to install*
- Looks great (in my opinion)
- LED main light is bright but not overwhelming
- Night light is a nice touch
- Fan is quiet/powerful
- Speakers work better than expected
- Top notch customer service
- The metal 'bow' springs which hold the light/speaker cap onto the fan case are very difficult to understand at first. During the first install, mine bent and could not be corrected.
- The switch they provide is pretty deep/thick. For replacing in a single switch housing it makes things pretty tight. Especially since a 5th wire has to be run. It is doable though and looks nice.
I spoke with Brandi in customer service and stated my case regarding the 'bow' spring clips. I was fully expecting a 'please return the unit' or 'please send back the cap assembly to...' but i didn't. No questions asked shes shipping me a new set of springs. By far the best, to the point, customer service experience I've had for any product I have purchased.
* Some insightful Installation notes:
- 'Red' wire from switch must be added and run to 'black' wire on fan.
- The fan casing must sit flush with sheet rock INSIDE the room. Have someone hold a board over the cut out, or screw shims over the corners to hold the thing up while you secure it.
- Look closely at the image of how to use the clips. The loops should be pointing down when you pinch the clip together. The other way will bend the clip and render them useless.
The exhaust fan doesn't work very well. The white screen rusted in less than a year. Also, the bl...
November 4, 2017
The exhaust fan doesn't work very well. The white screen rusted in less than a year. Also, the bluetooth is spotty. works about half the time. Love the night lite. Would never buy again. See photo. Pretty disappointing. I bought it for the bluetooth feature.
Was this helpful?
Response from Homewerks WorldwideNovember 6, 2017
Hi Tambo, Please give customer service a call as there is a warranty on your fan. We have everything necessary to resolve your issues with the fan.
Installed this fan about 12 months ago as a replacement for a 15 year old unit from a different manufacturer that was still working but had started to get noisy. I loved the new fan at first but did notice that it got a bit louder over time and it didn't seem to clear the room of steam as efficiently as it did when it was brand new. Only 3 of us in the house and we always crack the bathroom window when showering. After 6 months I started to notice that the grill was rusting (see picture) and yesterday the entire unit stopped working. We love the blue night light and it's great to have music playing while in the shower but the overall quality of the unit I purchased leaves something to be desired.
Was this helpful?
Response from Homewerks WorldwideOctober 31, 2017
Hi, Please give us a call at 877.319.3757. We stand behind our products and are happy to work with you to resolve the issue under warranty. We are here weekdays from 8am-5pm Central time.
Would recommend having this professionally installed unless you have a lot of experience with electrical work and some carpentry. Comes with it's own control box which for me replaced two switches(one for fan and one for light) in my 3 gang box. Had to convert my other switch(for my vanity light) to a decora style(large rectangular cutout) and install a white plastic decora cover with a blank insert(available at HD) on the unused gang. Old fan used 4 wires, and this fan only uses 3 wires, so I clipped/taped the unused wire and moved it to an out of the way location. Would have a multimeter or voltage probe/continutity checker on hand to make wires are not energized before you touch them, and you find the correct wires. Requires 9.4x9.4 square opening in ceiling, and round grill covers it up nicely. Controller has rocker power switch and four membrane buttons for night light, light, fan, and music. Paired right up with cell and speaker had decent sound quality/volume. Light is plenty bright, and blue night light gives room a cool ambiance.