I like the heavy weight of this flashlight unlike other light weight flashlights that feel dinky.
The light is bright and the ability to focus the light beam from wide to narrow is a nice added touch that comes in handy from time to time. The aluminum casing is durable and nice to know if you drop it, no breaking like a plastic flashlight. Great buy for the money!
Pros: Easy to Use, Sturdy, Good Size & Weight, Durable, Strong, Long-Lasting
Home Depot review 3/17/2018 for the non-LED 2D Maglite.
I own both the LED and non-LED versions of this flashlight. I like both and will share the differences.
- easily replaceable and inexpensive standard bulb (spare bulb is stored in the cap under the spring)
- LED upgrade bulbs readily available
- sharp focus (can be focused to a point with little light around the perimeter)
- no brighter than any standard flashlight using a similar bulb
- battery life not as long as the LED version
- focus ring (dark circle) is more visisble with the non-LED version.
- light is more yellowish compared to the LED version
- much brighter light which is a white/bluish color as is common for LED's
- LED bulb unit not easily purchased and replaced
- focus is not as sharp (can be focused but a large percentage of the light exists outside the focus point)
Both versions have the standard Maglite aluminum body with o-ring seals.
Bottom line is that for casual use, either flashlight is an excellent choice. The LED version excels in brightness and battery life, while the standard version gets high marks for more precise focus and ease of bulb replacement/upgrade.
Does not light up large area despite adjustable beam size....
March 14, 2018
Does not light up large area despite adjustable beam size. Has big black spot in middle of beam. Light does not stay on, keeps cutting on and off despite brand new batteries. Will be returning it. Have always trusted Maglite in the past, do not know what has happened to the quality.