It’s time to organize your garage or storage shed. With Rubbermaid’s Fasttrack system you will ha...
January 30, 2018
It’s time to organize your garage or storage shed. With Rubbermaid’s Fasttrack system you will have everything you need to store and hang tools and equipment with these units. The storage units, two floor and two upper will take about 5 to 6 hours to assemble. Instructions are easy to read and follow. Assembly is easily completed by one person. However, moving the packaged boxes and the finished units are too heavy for one person to manage. On the tracks you can easily attach the hanging hooks to accommodate a variety of tools and others items. On one hook I hung my 10 foot boating tube. Now it is up and off the ground. On other books I hung yards tools. I even had a hook to hang the cooler. Additional tracks and hooks can be purchased if needed. Only negative is the black paint scratches easing on the storage units.
Easy to Assemble, Functional, High Quality of Material, Looks Great, Looks High End, Lots of Features, Nice Design, Sturdy, Well Made
paint scratches easily
This is a good quality garage storage system that offers great value. The best thing about this system is flexibility in my opinion. You can install the base cabinets & wall cabinets based on your application and needs, and of course availability of space. You can also expand the system by buying more cabinets or fast-track rails & hooks as needed. There's also an interesting option for a matching tall cabinet.
I said quality is good (not great) because it is made of particle board but the black & silver finish is very good and looks high end. It feels sturdy once assembled but I wouldn't want to move the cabinets around the garage too often. Assembly went well without surprises but it takes a while to put this system together and take measurements for installation etc. It took be 3-4 hours working alone. The hardware isn't that great quality but it does the job.
The cabinets are deep and you can fit a lot in there. The doors open wide and allow you to access your stuff easily. The base cabinets have adjustable feet to adjust for floors that are not level. The top of the base cabinets also allow you to use them as a small "light-duty" work bench or even to store and/or display tools and other items that you use often.
The fast-track rails and hooks are also a good addition. It comes with several hook designs some of which are specialty hooks (for ladder and for cooler) but I think they can be used for various other things.
Looks Great, Nice Design, Easy to Assemble, Functional, Good Size & Weight, Looks High End, Well Made
I LOVE organizing and this made it look pretty. I know that's not what you guys want to hear, but your wives will thank you! I only have about half of it installed, but am trying to think of ways to find more space to install the rest of it.
The cabinets are made of particle board, but they are extremely heavy duty and I'm sure will stand up to a lot. If my garage didn't already have a workbench installed, I'm sure this would make an excellent workbench.
My one issue with the 48" fasttrack is that you are supposed to install it into studs. However if you do that, you cannot line up two 48" tracks and hit all the recommended studs. So plan accordingly if you plan to install the wall cabinets on them.
It took me an evening to install just the tracking and another evening to put together the cabinet. So expect to spend some time getting everything organized, but it is worth it for the beautiful outcome!
Durable, Functional, Looks High End, Well Made
We love our RubberMaid Fast-Track garage set. It does take an effort to plant the installation, a...
May 24, 2019
We love our RubberMaid Fast-Track garage set. It does take an effort to plant the installation, assemble everything, and hang/install, but in the end it's really worth it. The floor cabinets and wall-mounted cabinets are very convenient to use. Everything lined up well after assembly. The rails and hooks are also of great quality and I hang everything on them such as lawn mower, pressure washer, ladder, other tools, chairs etc and they're still strong after 3 years of use.
This set is easily expandable and you can add pretty much any accessory you need or even purchase separate cabinets if necessary!
My photos do not do this set justice as my garage is currently cluttered!
Not your usual Rubbermaid quality. I marked YES to 'recommend this product' only because there ar...
January 16, 2018
Not your usual Rubbermaid quality. I marked YES to 'recommend this product' only because there are some, like me who don't mind scratches on a new product because it is going to get scratched anyway.The idea of the track is great and versatile. It does take a while to assemble the cabinets. I have 2 base and two top cabinets and it took me about 10 hours total to assemble. An assembly hint: keep loose parts in a plastic bottle bottom so they do not roll away. I did not mount cabinets on the FastTrack system. I wanted a more solid bench plus the hanging brackets for the bench and cabinets were missing. I will mount the FastTrack system later for my hanging stuff. The cabinets look pretty good, except for the scratches and provide plenty of storage room.
BUT!!! I have some quality issues listed below and I tried to get photos of them.
1) Most of the panels were scratched because there was no protection between them. I can live with it because it is a work shop not a show place.
2) The black finish was severely bubbled on one piece and poorly applied on another.
3) One base cabinet had 2 right hand doors and no left hand door. Looks kinda silly.
4) They used Euro Screws 6mm x 10mm for the hinges and FastTrack hanger brackets but one box only had 11 instead of 12 but it was no problem for me because I did not use that hanging system which left me some extra. Oh yeah, on one cabinet they shorted me on the small nails to attach the cardboard back but I had plenty from other jobs.
5) The metal plate fasteners, which are as much decorative as a fastener system had different quality finishes. Most were bright and shiny but one carton had very poor finish, very dull and blotchy finish.
6) The outside edges are edged in plastic and poorly routed. Most of the edges stick above the surface so sliding things over the edge pulls the edging off. And there are some plastic burrs sticking out.
7) While the hinges are adjustable no matter what I do two doors will not close all the way. They pop back out about 1/8 inch. You are right, that is not much but it does show.
8) If you want a more solid bench top you need to buy one. These tops have screw heads showing and scratch easily.
9) The larger holes for mounting the metal door edges have nasty heavy edges where their drill broke through. They do get hidden by the metal edges though.