This is our second Sun-Dolphin. The first was a 5 passenger "Spirit" model purchased in 1995, but was stolen. The new boat is more maneuverable, but it does not appear to have the same quality. The back doesn't seem to be as roomy, only has room for two small children, and the new ribbed flooring is very time consuming and harder to clean. But.overall, it is a good boat.
We are really enjoying this Pedal Boat, it is everything that we were hoping for. We live on a small Lake that does not allow motor boats so this is perfect. It is very well built and the Canopy really tops it off.
5 Person might be a bit of a stretch, the 5th person would have to be a very small child. The weight limit is just about maxed out with 2 adults and 2 children.
Pros: Durable, Easy to Clean, Easy to Use, Good Size & Weight, High Quality, Looks Great, Nice Design, Sturdy
The product arrived practically with no packaging.
The boat is poorly designed/ made as it is explained below:
1) The slider seats were poorly made and kept coming off their grooves when you were leaning back on them.
2) After few few hours of paddling the boat on the lake one of the paddle shafts came off its seat (The screw holding the shaft got loose).
3) The plastic foot pedals made of two interlocking pieces kept breaking open.
4) The boat is designed for ride by two light-weight riders. A single person ride on the boat makes it extremely unbalanced ( You can not seat at the center of the boat , you have to either sit on the right or on the left seats. This make the boat sinking under your weight which cause the paddles not functioning in full capacity).
5) The speed of the boat is extremely low due to very small pddles used in its design
We Love this little boat! Perfect for getting out on the lake or the river! Light and easy to operate and plenty of room for gear and our dogs! Recommend for anyone who wants a lazy day out on the lake!
I've had this boat out several times now. It's easy to load & unload with just my wife & I.The rod holders are very useful as we just toss out a lure put rod in holder & just peddle. Good excercise & fun catching some fish. After the sun gets too hot we just pull up the canopy creating instant shade. This Sun Dolphin is excellent for getting off the couch & into the Great Outdoors for some fresh air, fun & excercise.
I got this as a mothers day gift. It took about 3 weeks to arrive.We couldn't wait to get it in the water. It is a lot of fun but def not made for 4 people. Easy to maneuver and great workout. But we noticed the left side was leaning. Also the pedals kept coming off. After a few weeks of we used the boat again, it was leaning even more. Pulled the boat out and it is holding water. I contacted Home Depot and was told return time is up to contact manufacturer. We purchased from Home Depot because they stand behind their products and have good customer service.
Pros: Easy to Clean, Lots of Features, Easy to Use, Easy to Install, Looks Great, Nice Design
One of the best buys we have made in a long time. The whole family totally enjoys this boat. Home Depot got it delivered on time and the delivery company was outstanding. That truck driver was most definitely experienced to get into and out of our driveway. Thank you Home Depot and Estes Delivery, Vince.
Pros: Easy to Clean, Easy to Use, High Quality, Looks Great