How It Works
Storm windows guard against severe weather, and can even be hurricane resistant! Made of 100% premium vinyl, storm window replacements are nearly maintenance free and are the best way to protect your windows.
Up to double the Lifetime Warranty on hardware and screen, Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty and Lifetime Accidental Glass Breakage Warranty on select storm window products provides added confidence to choose The Home Depot.
We offer a wide range of flexible financing options to jump-start your storm window installation including Home Depot’s Consumer Credit Card and Project Loan, plus one competitive project price on any window upgrade.
Installed Storm Windows
Storm windows not only protect your home during severe weather, they look beautiful all year. The Home Depot has high-quality options for the ultimate protection and security for your windows and more.
Storm Window Replacement
Storm windows are reliable in severe weather and all year. Made of 100% premium vinyl, they are virtually maintenance free and have a low-gloss finish that always looks freshly painted. More benefits include:
• Rigid, multi-chambered construction to meet or exceed stringent hurricane protection standards
• Metal-reinforced frames and fusion-welded sashes to meet building codes and impact zone requirements
• Multiple contact points between frames and sashes to block air and water
• Maximum impact glass system to protect against wind penetration
• Heavy-duty, easy-care, installed aluminum shutters that eliminate the need to add panels when storms threaten
• Non-permanent, roll-formed hurricane panels installed on an extruded track system or fastened with anchors
Simonton StormBreaker Plus®
Simonton StormBreaker Plus windows are designed to be extremely strong, constructed of premium vinyl for thermal efficiency. As an added bonus, they provide years of beauty with almost no maintenance. Other features include:
• Double-strength glass laminated to withstand high winds without plywood or shutters
• Sturdy vinyl reinforced with steel for impact-resistance
• A variety of glass and grid options to complement virtually every architectural style with classic lines and a rich appearance
• No fading, pitting, peeling or flaking, even in harsh conditions
ProtecSure™ Aluminum Windows
ProtecSure aluminum impact windows are your home's best defense against punishing storms. Custom aluminum windows are durable, lightweight and have a factory-applied finish to resist chipping, fading and rusting. Other advantages:
• Meets or exceeds tough impact protection standards
• Adds security against break-ins, even when you're not home
• Full weatherstripping with fin seal polyester pile and/or vinyl bulb to virtually eliminate air and water infiltration
• Spiral balances calibrated for effortless operation
• Molded nylon antifriction sash guides
• Sash locks conveniently located on the bottom of the lower sash
At The Home Depot, we offer a vast selection of durable storm windows and our installation services feature local, licensed and insured contractors who are qualified and ready to install new storm windows for you. Learn more about the cost of installing storm windows during a free in-home consultation with one of our window experts. You can also visit our cost guide for additional details about storm window installation and replacement.
Home Depot Service Provider Licensing and/or Registration Information
Home Depot local Service Providers are background checked, insured, licensed and/or registered. License or registration numbers held by or on behalf of Home Depot U.S.A., Inc. are available at homedepot.com/licensenumbers or at the Special Services Desk in The Home Depot store. State specific licensing information includes: AL 51289, 1924; AK 25084; AZ ROC252435, ROC092581; AR 228160518; CA 602331; CT HIC.533772; DC 420214000109, 410517000372; FL CRC046858, CGC1514813; GA RBCO005730, GCCO005540; HI CT-22120; ID RCE-19683; IA C091302; LA 43960, 557308, 883162; MD 85434, 42144; MA 112785, CS-107774; MI 2101089942, 2102119069; MN BC147263; MS 22222-MC; MT 37730; NE 26085; NV 38686; NJ 13VH09277500; NM 86302; NC 31521; ND 29073; OR 95843; The Home Depot U.S.A., Inc. is a Registered General Contractor in Rhode Island and its Registration Number is 9480; SC GLG110120; TN 47781; UT 286936-5501; VA 2705-068841; WA HOMED088RH; WV WV036104; WI 1046796.
The Home Depot Credit Options
The Home Depot Consumer Credit Card offers no annual fee, everyday special financing and exclusive Home Depot benefits.
There's also The Home Depot Project Loan. It offers affordable fixed monthly payments, a 6-month purchasing window and no prepayment penalty.
The Home Depot helps you get the look and performance you expect, starting with a FREE in-home consultation to review:
• Your storm window replacement needs and style preferences
• Benefits of custom storm protection windows
• Samples of actual window styles
• Custom storm windows to fit your budget
Ask your consultant for more information about some of our other storm protection products like hurricane fabric, storm shutters and doors.