Rated 2.9 out of 5 by 108
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Murphy12 Murphy12
This blower worked fine for 2 hours, then I couldn't get it going again. I have been trying to get it fixed under warranty for over 2 months now.......it's looking like its going to end up in the garbage.
June 25, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by trevor1968 leaf blower
yes I bought one of the gas blower I work in roofing we use it for blowing snow off roofs very happy with it gets dropped kicked rides around in back of truck all winter but still starts and runs good every day .... happy with it.....
March 26, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Neurofluid A good basic leaf blower
First, let me say, I was really reluctant to purchase this leaf blower because of the huge number of negative comments. However, I decided to anyways because 1) it's only $99 (on sale) and 2) I can usually fix and improve things and 3) if the worst happened, I'd have another machine to tinker with.
Now, let me set the context for you: this is a $99 leaf blower. It's not made by Ryobi, or Stihl or Husqvarna. It is an inexpensive machine and it does what it says it does. If you're looking to start a landscaping business, then this is not the leaf blower for you, as it is designed to be light duty and occasional use only.
Light duty, however, doesn't mean inadequate. I needed a leaf blower for the obvious, moving leaves, but also to clean my gutters out, and this Homelite did both very well.
I followed the directions that came with the machine (and yes you should too) and it started on the 4th pull. I let the machine idle for about 10 minutes and went to work. The next day, the machine started on the 4th pull again. I'm not sure what the other reviewers' problems were, but the machine pulls and starts easily.
- fuel efficient. I ran the machine for about 40 minutes and had 1/4 tank left. The tank holds about 1/2 litre of pre-mix.
- it's a light machine (around 4.5kg / 10 lbs). Easy to pack around.
- it moved around wet leaves with ease, as well as some small branches
- vibration. Being a high-strung 2 stroke, there's a fair bit of high frequency vibration. Change hands often, and don't use for more than an hour or your hands will start to tingle. Wear gloves.
- the air intake is on the left side. This isn't necessarily bad, but I found, being right handed, that when I was holding the leaf blower in my right hand, I had to keep it far enough away from my body or it would try to eat my pants and jacket.
- yes, it's two speed: idle and go-like-heck. I don't know why you'd need anything else. The two speeds are selected with a lever on the carb; there is no finger trigger.
- get some proper measuring cups for your premix. This is a small 2 stroke engine and will be sensitive to the fuel mix. You won't get it right by 'eyeballing it' and you risk depriving yourself of power (too much oil) or worse, burning up the engine (not enough oil)
- buy the extended warranty. It's $9 of peace-of-mind and Home Depot will deal with it for the first year.
- I gave it 4 stars, again in the context of a $99 leaf blower, and would have given it 5 but for the vibration.
Did I mention it's a $99 leaf blower? If you're going to get all whiny that it doesn't have electric start and brews coffee, spend more money on a better machine.
November 19, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by RonOnTheMove Not happy with this product
I do not normally write reviews but I am so annoyed with this product. I purchased this Homelite blower last fall, I used it once. To be honest when I first started it, it took about 70 to 80 pulls, but you know, I gave it the benefit of the doubt that it was a new engine and I figured the next time it would be fine, well the next time came and I pulled on this thing until I had blisters on my hand. Waited until the next day, I drained the gas, re mixed new gas “Why I don’t know” and put a new sparkplug in it. So this unit has had about 15 minutes use to date and has already had new gas and a new sparkplug in it.
Before I attempted to start the engine for all you engine buffs, I checked for a spark and yes it has spark, also checked the carburation and made sure the fuel is getting to the cylinder.
Ok let’s try again, so now I have gone out every day for the last three days and tried to start this thing. “STILL HAS NOT STARTED”
So I have this beautiful shiny leaf blower that will not start and is totally useless. I wish I had read these reviews before I purchased this unit.
Homelite should take this unit off the market
April 9, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Tom Poor Quality
Blower has always been difficult to start. You better be young to continue starting this blower. Very poor velocity. Repair service center is thirty miles away. Will never buy another Homelite product
July 15, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by knut2650 Piece of Junk
This blower only started once, the first tie out of the box and ran it for about 20 minutes.
It never would start again. Replaced gas, spark plug, and even tore the unit down to check carburetor.
July 15, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by disappointed Worst purchase ever!
I had and used Homelite products on my yard for 30 years. Bought this blower and Homelite weed whacker the same time 10 months ago. Blower would not hold prime 2 weeks ago took it to a Homelite warranty repair store and they called me today and said needed new carburetor and Homelite declined as warranty repair blamed it on ethanol. Repair cost $110.00 paid $79 end result now throwing in the trash piece lf junk and so is Homelite warranty. Weed whacker uses the same fuel working fine. Moral of the story buy from a commercial lawn equipment store that knows equipment,
June 12, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by JF One hit wonder
It will last you one season. HD repair said it has low compression. Cost more to fix vs price paid. When working, it's good. So, you can buy a new one every year....NOT!
June 21, 2015