The 6 in. Nakiri Vegetable Cleaver is a traditional Japanese shape used for mincing, slicing, and dicing vegetables for stir-fry, salads, soups and more. The squared-off tip helps for scooping up the results. The ergonomic handle provides for a comfortable and highly controlled grip. Simply hand wash or wipe clean with a towel. Kyocera has pioneered advanced ceramic kitchen knives, which are impervious to acids, juices, oils and salts, leave no metallic taste or odor, and help maintain the freshness of fruit and vegetables. Zirconium oxide blades stay razor sharp at least 10 times longer than traditional cutlery, making them ideal for everyday use. And because the ceramic blade is so light, no artificial weight is added to the handle. This creates an extremely balanced, lightweight tool that reduces fatigue during repetitive cutting tasks.
- Ceramic blade ground to microscopic precision by diamond wheels for rock-like edge with excellent sharpness retention
- Secret is in the ceramic material, zirconium oxide, a material only second to diamond in hardness
- Ceramic blades will never rust or change from their natural state
- Sharpen using Kyocera electric sharpener or mail to Kyocera for a nominal fee of $10 for shipping and handling
- Dishwasher safe top rack only