Model # 28712801

Internet #202316409

Store SKU #462762

Southwire 500 ft. 2-2-2-4 Black Stranded AL USE MHF Cable


500 ft. 2-2-2-4 Black Stranded AL USE MHF Cable

$73600 /each
store icon Loading Buying Options...
package icon Loading Buying Options...
Sorry, but we ran into issues loading these options. Please try refreshing.

Frequently Bought Together

Product Overview

The Southwire Company 500 ft. 2-2-2-4 AL USE MHF Service Entry Electrical Cable is ideally used as a connection between pole or pedestal-mounted equipment and a mobile home. This cable features aluminum conductors. UL listed.

  • Use as connection between pole or pedestal-mounted equipment and a mobile home
  • For use in underground service entrance cable for direct burial at conductor
  • Type RHH or RHW-2 or USE conductors are used with conduit as specified in the NEC 1
  • Use in temperatures up to 90˚C or 194˚F
  • 600-Volt maximum
  • 500 ft. of cable
  • USE conductors are aluminum
  • Black, cross-linked polyethylene (XLP) abrasion insulation is heat-moisture and sunlight-resistant
  • Note: product may vary by store
  • Click to learn the factors you must consider when wiring your home



Product Depth (in.)
Product Height (in.)
Product Length (ft.)
500 ft
Product Width (in.)
Wire/Cable Length (ft.)


Allowable Ampacities
Not Specified
Cable/Wire Type
Mobile Home Feeder
Commercial / Residential
Conductor Gauge
Conductor Material
Electrical Product Type
Service Entry Electrical Cable
Number of Conductors
Outer Color
Stranded or Solid
Sunlight / UV Resistant
Wet Location Use
Wire Cut Type
Pre-Cut Length

Warranty / Certifications

Certifications and Listings
1-UL Listed
Manufacturer Warranty

More Products With These Features


Customer Questions & Answers

What is the minimum conduit size allowed for 2-2-2-4 MHF

Considering attic access and the drop to an existing (in wall) load panel, I would like to use the smallest allowable conduit for a portion of the run. It appears this wire will fit (snugly) in 1", but I don't know if that is too much fill per code. Can anyone give authoritative guidance? (BTW: the majority of the run will be in 2" conduit. I'm just looking at options for my space restricted portion of the run.) Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.
Asked by: atlanticom
You can drop down to 1 1/2" to remain at 40% conduit fill. That insulation is RHH which is thicker than thhn, etc. Do a search for raceway fill calculator and use one of those to find your answer. If your downpipe is less than 2 feet you can get away with 1 1/4 inch. I used the Electrician2 dot com calculator to get these results.
Answered by: pureluck
Date published: 2015-09-20

Is this wire suitable for service to an outbuilding (garage)

I have underground conduit between the house and the garage. When I enter the basement can the wire be left open and attached to the structure with staples or clamps. The distance in the structure to the main panel is about 80' through and unfinished basement and crawl space. Or does it require conduit.
Asked by: Installer
Conduit is required wherever it comes out of the ground.
Answered by: pureluck
Date published: 2017-04-14

What size wire do I need to run a 60 amp panel 200 feet from my house to feed a few outlets and lights in my horse barn?

Asked by: mike22250
We could recommend having 1 conductors per phase utilizing a #1 Copper conductor will limit the voltage drop to 2.58% or less when supplying 60.0 amps for 200 feet on a 120 volt system. The above advice is based upon the current edition of the National Electric Code (NEC). Free access to the latest version of the NEC is available online at The NEC and local building codes regulate the types of wire and cable that can be used in specific electrical applications, as well as the manner of installation. Check your local building codes before you start any wiring and cable electrical project and be sure to obtain required permits. When your work is complete, always have it inspected for compliance with local codes to ensure that it has been safely installed.
Answered by: SouthwireCustomerService
Date published: 2017-04-19

What's the longest distance I can run with this cable going underground from my home's 200 amp pa...

What's the longest distance I can run with this cable going underground from my home's 200 amp panel to my outbuilding's 100 amp panel while protecting the run with a 100 amp 2 pole breaker in my 200 amp panel?
Asked by: Greg
You will need to check with the local building inspectors in your areas to determine which items meet code in your area. Codes do vary from municipality to municipality, and can change over a short period of time.
Answered by: SouthwireCustomerService
Date published: 2017-05-31
  • y_2017, m_7, d_25, h_2CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_1.0.0-hotfix-1
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_14
  • loc_, sid_202316409, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=NUM_ANSWERS, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=BEST_ANSWER_FEEDBACK_COUNT, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=POSITIVE_ANSWER_FEEDBACK_COUNT, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=NUM_ANSWERS, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_homedepot
  • bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-3.1.1
  • CLOUD, getContent, 104ms

Customer Reviews

  • bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-3.1.1
  • CLOUD, getContent, 149ms
  • bvseo-msg: The resource to the URL or file is currently unavailable.;