We work only with licensed and insured (where applicable) installers who have completed a thorough background screening process
A wide range of financing options to kick start your installation along with one competitive project price
We use only premium-quality products and offer a minimum one-year labor warranty
Our professional generator installers consistently receive high customer ratings
Total, start-to-finish project management with MyInstall
We're there for you every step of the way, from our no-obligation, in-home consultation to installation and final review.
• We'll call within 48 hours to schedule an in-home survey.
• We'll assess the installation site, inspect the electrical service panel and circuits, and review appliances and lifestyle demands.
• We'll obtain any necessary permits, deliver your new generator and connect it.
• When the project's done, we'll thoroughly clean the job site, conduct a final inspection and show you how to operate your new
• We'll also review all product and service warranties with you and arrange any required inspections.
Simply provide your email address and we'll set you up with a free, personalized MyInstall portal. You’ll get:
• Direct communication with your primary contact
• Project milestones and what to expect throughout the process
• How to prepare yourself and your home for each installation phase
• FAQs, personalized help and supporting info
Q: Can I run my generator all the time to help ease my electrical bill?
A: No. Your generator should be used as a temporary power source during times of emergency. It is best used to keep essential appliances running when your main source of power is unavailable.
Q: What powers my generator?
A: You may choose either gas or propane as a fuel source. If you already have a gas connection, we will contact your gas company for the connection. A separate service may be required for propane.
Q: Do generators make much noise?
A: If you require quiet, inquire about a larger, liquid-cooled model. While air-cooled models are smaller, they tend to operate more loudly than liquid-cooled generators.
Q: How long does it take for my emergency generator to start?
A: Backup generators are installed to provide seamless power in the event of an outage.
If you have any additional questions about your generator installation project, please call 1-877-941-8771.
Whether you need temporary power for medical, heating, cooling or lighting reasons, turn to The Home Depot professionals for home generator installation. As the #1 distributor and installer of emergency standby generators, we handpick installers and home service professionals who meet the highest standards for experience, know-how and customer service to get your backup generator installation project done right. We screen and perform background checks on all of our service installers before we send them out on any job, to ensure they have all applicable licenses and insurance.
Backed by at least a one-year service warranty, we offer liquid- or air-cooled generators to keep your essential appliances working seamlessly when the power's out. We'll help with your home-energy assessment and find the most efficient solution for you and your budget.
Our flexible financing options will help get your project underway. When you hire The Home Depot home services for your emergency generator installation project, you know we'll get the job done right and stand behind our work.
View Contractor License Numbers View Terms and Conditions