VELUX Fresh Air skylights are an energy-efficient way to bring both fresh air and sunlight into a home and make dark rooms come to life. Bringing natural light into a home through a skylight decreases the need for electricity while maintaining privacy. Installing a skylight is one of the most impactful ways to enhance both the brightness and beauty of a room.
- Inside curb dimensions for VELUX VCM 3046 models are 30.5 in. by 46.5 in. and outside curb dimensions for VCM 3046 models are 33.5 in. by 49.5 in.
- Qualifies for a 10-year No Leak installation warranty when installed with VELUX flashing (required, sold separately) on a roof pitch between 10 and 60 degrees
- ECL flashing is required when installing the skylight on a shingle/shake/slate roof, and ECW flashing is required for installation on a tile or high-profile roof
- Features laminated Clean, Quiet & Safe glass with a Neat glass coating that keeps your skylight cleaner, reduces unwanted outside noise, is energy efficient, and has an extra glass pane for added safety
- Consider adding a VELUX solar powered blind (sold and shipped separately) which is eligible for a 30 percent federal solar tax credit and allows you to control the light
- Consider upgrading to a Solar Powered Fresh Air Skylight (model VCS) to bring both natural light and fresh air into your home using only the power of the sun, plus it is eligible for a 30 percent federal solar tax credit, making it very affordable
- Manual control rod (ZCT 300) or motorized control rod (ZMT 300) for venting skylights are sold separately for out-of-reach applications