Trust your roof replacement to the professional roofing contractors and installers from The Home Depot. Our licensed and insured roofing contractors are selected to meet the highest standards of experience, know-how and customer service. And we use only quality materials for your roofing installation to ensure the performance and value you expect The Home Depot. Your roof installation also comes with the following protections:
• Craftsmanship warranties up to 25 years*
• Roofing shingle warranties up to 50 years*
• Backing by the world’s largest home improvement retailer
We know you have a choice for your home improvement project. With The Home Depot, you leave nothing to chance.
*Ask your consultant for warranty details.
Our professional consultant will come to your home to:
• Discuss your specific roofing needs and style preferences
• Explain the benefits of our asphalt, tile, metal and low slope roofing systems*
• Show you samples of actual roofing materials to fit your home
• Recommend a roofing solution to fit your budget
Prior to your appointment, think about roof damage you’ve noticed, colors and styles, your budget and the condition of your gutters. If possible, include the household members who will help make the roofing installation decision.
*Product availability varies by market
Here’s what you can expect:
• Pre-installation inspection as required
• Project updates via myhomedepotproject.com
• Roofing materials delivered to your home
• Removal of existing roofing materials
• Authorized, licensed as required, screened and insured installers
• Industry-leading installation standards
• Clean-up and debris removal
• Final inspection
Properly installed, a new roof can increase your home’s resale value and prevent costly repairs.
The Home Depot offers multiple financing options for your roofing installation.
• Use The Home Depot Consumer Credit Card and pay no interest on roofing installation purchases of $5,000 or more if paid in full within 12 months. Minimum payments required. Valid through January 31, 2013.*
• Get The Home Depot Project Loan and pay fixed monthly payments for six months with no interest, no payment purchasing window and no annual fee. Annual percentage rates start as low as 7.99%; credit lines are available up to $40,000.*
*See credit offers for full details.
Free in-home consultation where you’ll be shown samples of actual roofing materials to best fit your home, style preferences, and budget
Industry-leading roof installation standards that consistently earns high customer ratings and reviews
Labor and products backed by The Home Depot, the nation's #1 home improvement retailer
A wide range of financing options to kick start your installation project
Total "end-to-end" project management from pre-installation inspection to delivery of materials to your home to clean-up and debris removal
Water leaks or temperature inconsistencies in your home could mean your roofing system isn’t working properly. Watch for these signs you may need a roof replacement:
• Leaking roof in the attic or top floor
• Water stains on ceilings
• Blistering or peeling paint and plaster on ceilings or walls
• Excessive shingle debris in gutters or lawns
• Shingles buckling, curling or blistering
Because your roof is constantly exposed to the elements, it’s bound to age. Here are some common sources of wear and the effects:
• The sun’s heat and ultraviolet rays age roofing materials, especially on west and south surfaces.
• Rainwater under shingles causes rot and threatens structural integrity.
• High winds lift shingles and force water and debris underneath.
• Melting snow refreezes, blocking drainage into gutters and allowing water under roofing and inside your home.
• Tree branches damage shingles. Leaves on the roof and in gutters hold moisture and cause rot and poor drainage.
• Missing or torn shingles allow remaining shingles to rip or blow off.
An estimated nine out of 10 homes lack properly balanced attic ventilation systems. As a result, the average roof lasts 10 to 12 years, even though most roofing shingles last 25 years or more. Without proper ventilation, most manufacturers' shingle warranties are void.
A well-balanced attic ventilation system protects your roof investment. It allows cool, fresh air to enter through soffit or eave vents and lets hot, stale air escape through a ridge vent. The reduced temperature difference between the outside air and the attic space benefits your home in important ways:
• Allows your roof to breathe in warmer months, lowering attic temperatures and cooling the roof deck.
• Keeps attic humidity down in cooler months to minimize condensation and mold and mildew growth.
• Reduces condensation, which can dampen and compact insulation and cause your heating system to work harder.
There are many factors to consider in choosing a roof, including style, color, durability, warranties and installation. Here are some facts to help you decide.
• Architectural shingles create a multidimensional effect. They feature laminated construction for longer life.
• Traditional, three-tab flat asphalt shingles offer more value and performance than industry-standard shingles. They're color blended for a natural look.
• Special adhesives tightly seal each shingle to reduce the risk of blowing off.
• Roof shingles come in colors from natural wood shades to intense slate blue, green and red. If you have a homeowners’ association, check the architectural guidelines.
• Most roofs are asphalt shingles. Other materials include tile and metal for steep slope roofs or single-ply membranes for flat roofs.
• Shingle warranties range from 25 years to a lifetime.
• Roof replacement should include removal of existing materials, a structural integrity inspection, a rubberized leak barrier, deck underlayment, drip edges and metal flashings.
No part of your home is more important than the roof to enhance the look outside and protect everything inside. If you’re seeing signs of wear and tear on roofing shingles, noticing drips or peeling paint in your rooms or seeing water spots on the ceiling, it’s time to think about a roof replacement.
During a free in-home consultation, an expert from The Home Depot will tell you about our different roofing styles and show actual samples of roofing shingles. We’ll explain how a roof install works and recommend a solution for your budget.
You can trust The Home Depot to install roofing correctly. We handpick a roofing contractor and crew who meet our high standards for experience, know-how and customer service. We screen and do background checks on all of our roofing contractors and installers to make sure they are licensed as required and insured before sending them to your home. We know a roof replacement is an important investment and we make sure it’s done right. The Home Depot also offers credit and/or project loan financing options for your roof installation.