Handpicked, licensed and insured, background checked water heater service providers
No-obligation inspection and consultation on options for gas, electric or tankless water heaters
Same day install or repair if you call before noon and delivery available within 30 miles of a Home Depot store location.
Start-to-finish project tracking and management with MyInstall
Haul away and recycling of your old unit and clean up of job-site debris
Industry-leading water heater installation standards with consistently high customer ratings
Flexible financing options along with one competitive project price
What is MyInstall?
This service provides start-to-finish information on your installation project. Find brief descriptions of what to expect from your installation services team and learn more about phases such as these:
If you have already signed up for an installation project, we'll walk you through each step of your project with the following information:
• Description of each phase
• How you may prepare
• What to expect
From our FREE no-obligation consultation through final review, The Home Depot is there throughout the process.
• We'll deliver your new water heater to your home (within 30 miles of a Home Depot store location) at no additional charge.
• We'll inspect your existing unit and discuss any work required to bring your replacement water heater up to local plumbing codes in order to ensure your safety.
• We'll connect your new water heater to the existing gas, electric and water lines, then fill and test the new water heater to make sure it works properly.
• We'll haul away your old unit at no additional cost and recycle it.
• We'll conduct a final cleanup of the job site and walk through the installation and product to answer any question you may have.
After scheduling an appointment that includes an in-home consultation fee (trip charge), our professional installer will diagnose your water heater. The installer will review the findings and recommend any needed repairs, along with a final price. At that point, you'll have the choice to do one of the following:
• Accept or decline the repair -- a diagnostic fee will still be charged for the trip.
• Upgrade to a replacement -- the diagnostic fee then would be applied toward the full replacement install.
If you agree to proceed with the repair or an upgrade, you can help the process in the following ways:
• Be available at the installation site during the scheduled appointment time
• Remove any obstructions so that the installers can easily access the existing equipment
• Provide the installer access to other parts of the home (attic, basement, utility closet, meters, etc.) as a function of their site inspection
• Be aware you may be without water during the time of the repair, but this should not take more than 1-2 hours
HOW WE BUILD OUT PRICE
Our water heater installation pricing consists of four components:
Let The Home Depot Consumer Credit Card help get your project underway. It includes no annual fee, everyday special financing and exclusive Home Depot offers.
Installation services are backed by a 2-year parts and labor warranty, along with the manufacturer limited parts warranty.
The Home Depot also offers a Protection Plan, which covers labor costs after the manufacturer's labor warranty expires through the end of the manufacturer's parts warranty.
Q: What factors should I consider when choosing a new water heater?
A: Consider fuel source (gas or electric), storage capacity (30 gallon to 80 gallon available), tank type (tank or tankless), and warranty (The Home Depot offers 6-year, 9-year and 12-year warranties.)
Q: Do I have an option of what type of unit I purchase?
A: You have many options. We carry a variety of GE-branded traditional tank water heaters in capacities that range from 30 gallons to 80 gallons in a variety of fuel sources (gas, electric, liquid propane). We also offer a wide selection of Rheem gas and electric tankless water heaters. Our authorized service provider can review all available options with you and help you select the best system to fit your budget and need.
Q: What's included in a basic installation?
A: A basic installation consists of the following tasks:
• Delivery of new water heater to your home. Delivery charges could apply for units that are further than 30 miles from a Home Depot
• Disconnection of existing unit
• Installation of new water heater of the same size, installed in the same unobstructed area and reconnection of existing gas, electric,
water and venting lines.
• Up to 5 feet of discharge tube, gas and/or water pipe as needed to complete install
• Conversion of water or gas lines from flex to solid pipe up to 5 feet if needed to complete install
• Provision of nipples, couplings and copper tubing for direct reconnect
• Testing of new water heater to insure proper operation
• Final clean up of job site and walk-through with customer
• Haul away of existing unit for disposal (excluding stone-lined water heaters)
If you have any additional questions about your water heater installation, please call 1-855-650-2786.
Heating water amounts to nearly 20% of a home’s energy cost. So, if you’re installing a new hot water heater or replacing one that no longer works, The Home Depot offers a full line of water heaters featuring the latest technology. From standard high-capacity gas and electric models to hybrid, Wi-Fi enabled and tankless units that can deliver endless hot water, we’ve got the right water heater to match your family’s needs and save on energy costs.
If you’re having trouble with your existing water heater, schedule an in-home consultation and let one of our professional, licensed and insured service providers inspect your unit. We can repair many common problems like burned-out heating elements, a leaky drain or pressure-relief valves, saving you from unnecessarily replacing the old unit to install a new water heater.
But, if your old water heater needs replacement, you can depend on The Home Depot to get the new installation done right. In most areas, if you call before noon, we offer same day delivery and installation within a 30-mile radius of your local Home Depot store.
From our FREE no-obligation consultation through expert installation, cleanup and haul-away, The Home Depot is ready to assist you with the installation of your new hot water heater.