R-Matte Plus-3/Thermasheath-3 is rigid foam plastic thermal insulation board. It's made of environmentally sound, closed cell, polyisocyanurate foam bonded to a durable white-matte (non-glare) aluminum facer and a reflective reinforced aluminum facer. This product is suitable for use in wall sheathing applications in new residential, commercial and agricultural buildings and for thermal retrofit construction to existing buildings. This Energy Star qualified Rmatte Plus-3/Thermasheath-3 provides R3.2 with dimensions of .5 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. This product is designed for exterior and interior, non-structural uses.
- Rmax Polyiso sheathing offers the GREATEST R-value per inch currently available in a rigid foam board.
- R-Matte plus-3/Thermasheath-3 is applied to the exterior or interior face of wood or metal studs to cover all studs, sills, plates and header constructions, thereby providing insulation over areas not normally covered by insulation products
- Superior resistance to moisture and vapor in above grade applications
- Polyiso rigid foam board offers superior fire protection properties compared to any other rigid foam board insulation
- Energy Star qualified to meet or exceed federal guidelines for energy efficiency for year-round energy and money savings
- When taped and flashed, the Rmax Polyiso board greatly reduces air infiltration and prevents thermal bridging caused by heat and cold transmission through studs
- Lightweight and easily cut to size