Scotch 2228 Rubber Mastic Tape is a conformable self fusing rubber electrical insulating and sealing tape. Scotch 2228 consists of an ethylene propylene rubber (EPR) backing coated with an aggressive, temperature-stable mastic adhesive. The tape is made 65 mils (1,65 mm) thick for quick application build-up. It is designed for electrical insulating and moisture sealing applications. Scotch 2228 can be used on copper or aluminum conductors rated at 90 degrees C, with an emergency overload rating of 130 degrees C. It offers excellent resistance to moisture and ultraviolet exposure and is intended for both indoor and weather exposed outdoor applications.
- Conformable for application over irregular surfaces
- Compatible with solid dielectric cable insulations
- Self-fusing tape
- Flexible over wide temperature range
- Excellent weather and moisture resistance
- Excellent adhesion and sealing characteristics with copper, aluminum and power cable jacket materials
- Made in the USA