Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 63
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by marc Awesome. Perfect. Noobie.
Never used a dado before my life. After adjusting my table saw in multiple increments I finally said screw it and bought this set. (Im making thomas the train track shelves for storage and display for my sons room). Glad I went with this one and not the cheaper one. It works real good when both blades are facing forward like they're supposed to. Lol. Yeah my first test cut I had one blade on backwards. Hey I said I was a newbie. My only complaint keeping it from getting five stars is the probted/etched sizes on the shims are not all very legible espectially rhe really thin ones. The inclusion of more durable and larger printed instructions would be better too. Anyhow...project is coming along grey thanks to this dado. My "plunging" the boards into and off of the blade shy of the ends is prolly not the safest thing to do but the end product is so much better.
July 4, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Ed excellent tool
I have brought them before And i don't want to keep traveliling with them so I brought a second set. Well balance .
July 19, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by KM See very fine print on packaging to find instructions.
I have just purchased this dado set, and it appears to be a good set, but I have not used it yet. I saw another review that this dado set does not come with instructions. I have found the instructions in the very fine print on the back of the packaging cardboard. See attached pictures and text below for copy of instructions.
DIABLO DD208H STACKED DADO SET
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- Disconnect power before installing, or adjusting the dado.
- Use the chart to select the components needed for width of dado.
- After cleaning, place the first outside blade on the arbor, being sure rotation Is correct.
- If chippers are being used, place them on next with the teeth of the chippers. aligning with the two open spaces on the outside blade.
- If more than one chipper is used, rotate every other chipper 90.
- If spacers are used, place only one spacer between each pair of chippers or between a chipper and an outside blade.
- Install second outside blade, ensuring that the teeth of the last chipper are located in the two open spaces on the outside blade.
2- Adjusting Fit:
- After installing dado and replacing the appropriate safety guards, make a test cut in a scrap piece of wood.
- If fit is too tight: disconnect power, remove the outside blade, install the appropriate shims (shims not included - Shim set #SS100 is available from any Freud dealer). reinstall the outside blade and guards. and make another test cut.
- If fit is too loose: disconnect power, remove the outside blade, remove the chippers, install the chippers for the next smaller sized dado, install the appropriate shims, reinstall the outside blade and guards, and make another test cut.
- Repeat this process until desired fit is attained.
3- Use Both Outside Blades:
- Never use the chippers by themselves, or with only one outside blade.
- Not using both outside blades can cause personal injury, or damage to the tool.
4- Clean well:
- Be sure all components are clean and free from dust and chips.
- Chips between components may affect performance and damage tools.
5- Multiple passes:
- Wide dadoes remove large amounts of material in a single pass at full depth.
- Multiple passes starting at lower depth of cut may be required for proper control and safety.
March 19, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Lobo Great
Best blade I've used . This blade seems to be a keeper
May 31, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Zach11 Good Cut Quality, but...
I have used a couple of dado stacks and for the price, this one can't be beat. The dado is crisp edges, the bottoms are nice and flat and square. However, getting is set up can be a bit of a trick. They give you a nice chart that stays in the case so you don't lose it, but on the shims themselves, they do not say what they are if they are a 1/16 inch shim or one of the narrower ones. Trying to set up a dado of a non-common thickness I had to resort to a caliper to figure out which shims were which. Would be nice if the shims were laser engraved like the chippers and the blades. Well thought out case that keeps the blades and chippers from spining and knocking together the teeth.
February 23, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Verified Reviewer Great Quality Dado
My only (minor) complaint is the price, but I'm glad I bought this dado set. The quality is top-notch in my opinion. I used it right away with my Bosch table saw as I was making some shelves, and the cuts were good considering I was using the maximum width for the set.
August 18, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Jeff Good product for the price.
Great for under powered saws. Fairly flat bottom cuts. You get what you pay for.
April 12, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Wimer Wish I would have bought first...clean cutting!
Blade very smooth and cuts like butter. I Have owned a few dados and this is by far the most superior blade. So far, I have only made about 50 cuts with it but it is performing great.
April 12, 2016