Rated 3.9 out of 5Â by 43
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Wookster little concerning at first, but once I got a feel for it, I will use this on my whole house
I read the reviews and ended up purchasing this flooring. The look was too good to pass up. I was concerned about the install process. To be honest it took a moment to get used to. So for everyone out there thinking about this flooring let me help you. This flooring does not snap as has been stated. It does almost drop into place. There are a couple of things you have to be aware of, but this is an incredible flooring.
1) PUT DOWN THE RUBBER HAMMER!!! This is a product that demands gentle applications of force.If when laying the piece of flooring it seems to not want to lay down flat, lift it and give it a wiggle back and forth while applying pressure. It should after a try or two lay almost completely flat.
2) The piece of flooring you are laying will not always drop perfectly flat, especially at the ends. When you come by with the next row and lock in those end seams they will be perfect.
3) Take your time on the first pieces and get a feel for it. DO NOT HAMMER the material. the lip on these panels is fairly soft. It wont take much abuse, but it will be much more forgiving of uneven surfaces because of the softness.
4) if a panel is giving you trouble give the panels you are trying to attach it to a lift, push, and wiggle. Sometimes it needs a little shimmying to get perfectly lined up. the corners of the panels should match up exactly. if they don't one piece is not seated correctly. the soft nature of the panels makes it easy to adjust already locked in panels.
5) use a circular saw. We started cutting these panels with a dremel saw. The cuts were clean, the sparks were fun. Then we started noticing how irritated our eyes were at the dust, and my pocketbook was at the loss of every $10 blade. an 18V Ryobi circular saw will make clean cuts all day. Set the depth to just barely cut through and you wont have to worry about chips. The blade made it through 400Sq Ft of install without any signs of failing.
This is a great product. It installs a bit differently than other products. The end pieces do not lock and don't need to. If you are having buckling at the end seams it is because you did not seat the panels right, or the seams from the two rows are too close to one another. Be sure to read the manual and don't install it like your buddy who has done this before says to. I'm still stoked I was able to install this in one day.
Please excuse the mess in the photo. We had just finished for the day and this is a living room that also serves as our 2 year olds play area.
March 16, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by SKaustin High Style, Quality and Value
Installed around 1500 sqft in an older home that needed updating, including the living areas, kitchen, dining, study, and closets. What a difference! This floor looks great and has proven to be tough through a remodel. Our painter apparently didn't bother to put down drop cloths, so there were paint splatters all over the new floor. I was pretty upset about this. But with a minor bit of scrubbing, the paint all lifted off the surface with no trouble -- crisis averted. And, we've had a lot of furniture, appliances, and dollies wheeled across it over a 3 month remodel period without any scratches, nicks, or any sign of wear. Which is a good thing since this house is located in the country and I expect lots of dirt to be tracked across it over the decades to come.
I didn't install it myself. We used the Home Depot installation since they were having a special, and it was too good to pass up for the large area. But be aware that HD insisted that our concrete slab needed both a moisture barrier and a separate underlayment. We were not allowed to use just a premium underlayment that had built-in moisture barrier, or it would void the warranty. I felt this was a hidden extra cost and tried to fight it, but they would not budge.
I would definitely choose this flooring again, and highly recommend it.
June 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Drumhead "Looks Stunning"
It was more work to remove and replace the old sub floor than it was to put this in. After undercutting the door jams and notching a few planks for around the shower. it went down with no problem.( I have done this before) It will test or eat your saw blades but that's the same with any Laminate floor. I did the whole floor with a T square,pencil.jig saw,and a skill saw. Wherever you put it spend the extra on a good thick Underlayment. There is no "right' direction but most of the time you want the planks to run parallel with the door. I ran it the other way because I wanted 1 seam instead of 6 in front of the shower !
December 1, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Brett Awesome flooring for an amazing price
I bought this flooring and have done a majority of my home in it. I have kids and their friends are constantly in the house. Looks great even when dirty!
May 20, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Momof4 Product looks great but a pain to install
We installed 800 sq ft of this flooring. It looks amazing and we get a lot of compliments, however the installation leaves a bit to be desired. We have installed both laminate and hardwood flooring before and this was far more difficult. It doesn't "snap" in as easily as others, therefore makes installation somewhat stressful.
Now that it is in, it was worth the "sweat" but I am not sure that we would do it again, even though it looks fantastic!
January 25, 2014