The SmartlockPro Outlet Branch Circuit (OBC) AFCI Receptacle offers advanced technology to help protect against electrical fires resulting from arc-faults. Designed to detect a wide range of potentially hazardous arc-faults resulting from damage in branch circuit wiring as well as extensions to branches such as appliances and cord sets, the OBC AFCI responds by interrupting power. This helps reduce the likelihood of the home's electrical system being an ignition source of a fire. Often unseen, arc-faults can occur anywhere in the home's electrical system including within walls, at loose electrical connections or within electrical cords accidently damaged by impinging furniture. AFCI's are now required by the National Electrical Code in many areas of the home.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- Use of test and reset buttons is similar to traditional GFCI receptacles of which consumers have become familiar with this means greater acceptance of the technology and a more user-friendly platform
- Automatically tests the AFCI every time the reset button is depressed, the AFCI will not reset if the AFCI circuit is not functioning properly
- By blocking reset of the AFCI if protection has been compromised, the SmartlockPro OBC AFCI reduces the possibility of end-users incorrectly assuming that a reset AFCI is providing protection
- A line-load reversal diagnostic feature is provided which prevents the AFCI from being reset and stops power from being fed to the AFCI receptacle face or through to downstream devices
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs