Rated 4.4 out of 5Â by 36
Rated 5 out of 5Â by LFCTino As a professional, hobbyist, or Backyard mechanic. This is the unit that is worthy of it's value and resources to perform.
My Automotive Business's oil-less compressor died in the middle of a paint job and because of all the positive comments on the Powermate 30Gal Portable Compressor I decided to order and wait a week for the delivery to the H.D. store submitted in the order. To date (one month) I have not been disappointed in either the purchased product or the delivery process from HomeDepot. I can now perform all my current projects and hear the phone ring and carry a conversation with customers while the compressor's running. Everything and more than I needed to sustain the business and thanks to all that submitted comments on this product. Owner and CEO, Tino
December 13, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 Awesome compressor for the price.
Much quiter than oilless compressors I've had in the past! Among the best compressors in it's price range. Was sluggish and would blow the breaker during hot restarts on an unloaded 15 amp circuit, So I ran a new 20 amp circuit, and now it always restarts without hesitation(wanted a 20amp outlet in the garage anyways for other tools). It's the perfect garage/shop compressor. Perfect for my main air tools....impact guns and grinders, but also keeps up well with my HVLP paint gun well too. Only annoying thing is the drain is a knarled screw that's hard to grab under the tank, will probably replace this next time I get out to the hardware store.
July 18, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Jack I like it!
Purchased this one year ago. Mine has has the metal belt cage as shown in picture. Unit is very quite, quick recovery and well built. Initially I purchased the Husky/Cambell Hausfied - that unit was very poorly assembled. Large belt pulley had a cross threaded nut holding it to the shaft. Knock in motor. Anyway, this powermate has been a pleasure to use. 95% of my use is for cleaning. Blowing out chain saw, car detail work, bike cleaning. Anything that is difficult to clean by hand.
July 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Gearz Top Of The Line For Home Use And Small Shops
I needed a 30 gallon air compressor so after searching the web i bought a Husky (VT6315) at a great price but after performing the break in the motor started to knock so it was returned and i bought this Powermate and what a difference in quality,this is quieter and easier to move and the belt cage isn't plastic.The tires are pneumatic not hard plastic or hard rubber and the tank is aluminum so it cuts down on weight and rust concerns.The delivery was excellent and the unit was not damaged but i would have like the driver to take the pallet and the container back but that's a small inconvenience as long as you have a truck and dump permit.Over all the extra money spent was worth the quality of the machine and it has a 2 year warranty!
January 24, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5Â by SawDustCity So Far...So Good !!!!
Product arrived exactly on schedule in good condition (Roadway Transportation). Their on line 'tracking' was excellent and they called before delivery and accommodated a special delivery time request which was accomplished exactly as promised by a very friendly/helpful driver. Driver waited while I quickly unboxed unit to check for any hidden damage
Have one week of moderate use and unit is performing as advertised and expected.
* Low noise level.
* Oil serviced to correct level.
* Zero to 155 psi in 7.5 minutes (after shut off slowly leaked down to 147 psi and then holds)
* Removed belt guard to check pully alignment and belt tension. Belt had placed over pulleys but was completely loose/relaxed and had NEVER been properly tensioned. Compressor and motor had not been tested as a unit as the gray paint on the inner face of the motor pulley was in perfect/new condition with no belt tracking.
* Tank drain is valve has a tiny knurled knob that is impossible to open without use of needle nose/long pliers. Also... operators manual shows a 'winged' style valve rather than the 'knob' style currently used... but either type of valve is excessively difficult to open/close due to minimal space between tank bottom and ground. Had to buy/install a 'close' style 1/4" 90 degree brass elbow, 6" 1/4" pipe nipple and ball valve to provide reasonable access for tank drainage.
* Rubber 'slip-on' pads for support legs are pretty weak.... but can be replaced with some 1/4" heavy neoprene rubber sheeting if needed.
NOTE: Mfg. includes a separate "NOTICE" instruction sheet requiring the unit to initially operated for 30 minutes at zero tank pressure (drain valve 'OPEN')..... which is important. However there was no mention/recommendation involving a time frame for removing/replacing the initial 'run-in' oil. Called the mfg. customer service to report the belt tensioning problem and ask their opinion about replacement period for run-in oil. They said they recommend replacement of initial oil at 8 to 10 hours of normal use. I asked why they didn't state that on the "Notice" sheet..... for which they had no answer ( ?!?!). Also this compressor requires use of 'Synthetic" compressor oil.
July 29, 2014