With Safer Brand 4 lb. Diatomaceous Earth Ant and Crawling Insect Killer you can leave bugs dead in the dust. And you don't have to worry about applying chemicals to get the job done. This product kills any type of crawling insect within 48 hours. Once you apply Ant and Crawling Insect Killer where you have a crawling insect problem, you'll see insect activity stop in minutes. Infestation issues in a couple of days. You can use it inside your home or outside in gardens, or on patios and walkways. It lasts as long as it's dry. Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is a dust-like product that contains the crushed fossilized algae (diatoms) from fresh water. These crushed diatoms feel like powder when we rub it in our hand. But it's very sharp to insects with delicate exoskeletons. When you apply DE, dust is ingested by the crawling insect or the insect crosses through the powder. The DE will cut their exoskeleton. This causes the insect to dehydrate and die. Insects cannot develop a resistance to it since there are no chemicals to which they can build up immunity.
- Diatomaceous Earth dust kills ants by dehydration or ingestion
- Powder is ready to use directly from the container
- Odorless to avoid a sharp insecticide smell
- Kills a variety of crawling insects including bedbugs, cockroaches, ants and earwigs
- OMRI listed
- Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) listed
- Note: product may vary by store