The DEWALT DCD959VX 18-volt cordless hammer drill/drill/driver is a powerful, super-versatile tool capable of drilling holes and driving screws in virtually any building material you’re likely to encounter. It’s driven by an 18-volt XRP extended-run battery, which produces an impressive 420 unit watts out of power. And with three operating speeds (low: 0-450 RPM, medium: 0-2,000 RPM, and high: 0-1,800 RPM), you can work fast and efficiently. When switched to the hammer drill mode for masonry work, the variable-speed tool combines bit rotation and concussive blows to produce: 0-7,650 blows per minute (BPM) on low, 0-24,650 BPM on medium, and 0-34,000 BPM on high. What sets this DEWALT kit apart from similar models is that it comes with a vehicle battery charger that plugs into a truck or car cigarette lighter or 12-volt accessory outlet. That way, you can keep your DEWALT tools charged up and ready to work anytime, anywhere, even while driving to the jobsite. Other features include: traditional pistol-grip design; 360-degree rotating side handle; 22 slip-clutch settings for precise screw driving; patented all-metal transmission for smooth operation and improved run time; and heavy-duty, -1/2-inch ratcheting chuck that prevents bits slippage. It comes with two 18-volt XRP NiCad batteries, one-hour vehicle charger, rotating side handle and storage case. It’s backed by DEWALT’S three-year limited warranty, 90-day money-back guarantee, and one-year free service contract.
- XRP extended run-time batteries provide long run-time and battery life
- Patented 3-speed all-metal transmission matches the tool to task application for fastest application speed
- Heavy-duty 1/2 in. self-tightening chuck tightens throughout operation providing superior bit gripping strength
- High power, high efficiency motor delivers 420 unit watts out of max power for superior performance in all drilling and fastening applications
- Other batteries and chargers sold separately, this tool works with these batteries (DC9096, DC9180) and chargers (DCB103, DW9117, DC9310, DC9319, DC9320, DC012)