Rated 3.1 out of 5 by 43
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by WeekendBuilder Great Stapler
Easy to use and reliable. Nice belt clip on the side.
August 24, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SAFETYGUY Perfect Tool for Our Project!
This Heavy Duty Staple Gun was perfect for our project and with the versatility of being used with different staples makes it work for a wide range of future projects as well! Thank you Home Depot once again :)
August 23, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by NCFarmer Not so Good!
I am a big fan of Dewalt. I have had excellent results with their tools and as a result have many of their products. This stapler however, is not good at all. It doesn't seem to be a jamming problem, but rather the spring feed for the staples appears to be too weak. If you use more than about 1/4 of a strip of staples, it begins to not feed any more staples. If you add a few more staples, it will work until again, about 1/4 of the staples have been used. I used the recommended brand of staples indicated on the packaging (T50).
I am more than a little surprised that DeWalt would put its name on this product. Hopefully they will fix this issue and then it will be up to DeWalt standards.
July 6, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Dobie No good
Works about 20% of the time. Meaning the staples go in all the way about 20% of the time. The other 80% don't go in at all or just barely forcing you to either take the staple out or pound it in with a hammer. Wasting time and money. Not to mention the design of it pinches the skin between thumb and index finger about half the time. So frustrating.
August 4, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by TxWingNut Works great
I bought this staple gun because my old gun broke on me halfway through installing wall insulation in my house. This staple gun is much easier to use than my old stapler, it's lighter and easier to trigger the belt clip is a nice feature too, very convenient it's also a breeze to load new staples. This tool worked very well for my project.
July 4, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by staples If you like frustration but this staple gun...
1 out of 15 staples actually fire. Really poor product.
June 26, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by PeteW Great Staple Gun
i used this staple gun to install a vapor barrier in the crawl space of a homeowner and used it to staple screens onto attic windows. i really like this staple gun, it is much easier to squeeze then the old staple guns. also for me the belt clip was a huge win, when i was up in attics or in crawl spaces i need both hands and being able to clip this to my belt and move around was key. i have also put over 500,000 staples through this gun and no jams. my only knock on this is when overhead stapling the bar that locks the handle down, locks down and after every staple you have to reset it
March 14, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Blueflame08 Looks good, but lacks power
I went through a 1250 staple box with this gun, and at best I would call its performance tolerable. I like DEWALT tools, and this gun has a nice build quality, but it is functionally poor. These are the problems I have with this gun:
1) Most important is the apparent lack of driving power the gun has. It was hit and miss with the driving depth, but most of the time it was having trouble driving 5/16" staples all the way into soft wood. The gun has a light pull compared to other guns, and I thought it might be due to clever engineering while still allowing for a powerful drive; however, this wasn't the case.
2) Even with the guide that gun has, there was still a decent learning curve to hitting the mark with a staple. Even after driving around 1200 staples, I was still missing every now and then. Maybe that is a personal performance issue, but I believe it to be poor ergonomics.
3) I ran into some jamming and blank firing issues as well. Sometimes a staple would get torqued sideways in the gun when being driven, and I'd have to open the loading channel to clear it out. Other times, I'd pull the trigger once or twice and no staple would come out, though you could see an indent where the staple should've been. After another pull, it'd go back to working.
In summary, this staple gun looks nice, and if you're doing less than heavy duty work, you MIGHT be okay, but I'm going to return it for a more powerful gun.
April 18, 2016