The DuraPlus system from DuraVent is designed to stay cool on the outside, provide a hot draft on the inside and boost stove efficiency, offering a fire-safe design that protects both the chimney and building. This Triple-Wall Chimney Stove Pipe features two insulating layers consisting of a ceramic blanket plus air space. The ceramic blanket insulation is held securely in position, eliminating hot spots common with loose-fill type insulations. In the event of a creosote fire, the compressible blanket insulation permits the chimney liner to expand outwardly in a radial direction. Designed for normal, continuous operation at 1000-degree F flue gas temperatures, DuraPlus is subjected to rigorous and stringent HT requirements of the UL standard, including one hour at 1400 degrees F, plus three 10-minute chimney fire tests at 2100 degrees F.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- Durable steel construction resists corrosion to ensure lasting use
- Triple-wall chimney design offers added safety and security
- Air chamber circulates cool air through chimney to keep outside wall cool in case of a creosote fire
- UL approved for wood pellet-burning appliances
- Limited lifetime warranty