Rated 4.5 out of 5Â by 140
Rated 5 out of 5Â by uncarich Really nice appliance
I bought this based on reviews by many customers. Some complained about noise which I don't understand unless their hearing is much more sensitive than mine. I find it quieter the GE side by side I replaced and that was quiet.
Delivery was excellent- doors had to be removed to get through the doors. All accomplished with a minor ding to enhance door paint.
October 16, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by DBinABQ Very Happy with this Refrigerator
Things I like:
* Icemaker - the in-door unit keeps up with two retired people who have a cold drink in hand all day long. I have not needed the extra ice in the freezer yet. I like this kind of ice - my previous fridge made 'fast ice' (the ones shaped like gum drops) and that ice melts too quickly, and that ice-maker broke too often. The dispenser has not jammed and the crushed ice comes out quickly. The dispenser is tall (which is very handy) - just remember to hold glasses and pitchers up to the top to avoid splashing/splattering. The dispenser has a bottom ledge that removes for cleaning.
* Capacity - The icemaker in the door really did free up space in the refrigerator.
* Doors - I like the way the doors open and close. They feel not-too-heavy, and I'm not fighting the seal.
* Freezer - I put everything into freezable plastic containers, so it is easy to stack, store and find things in this large area.
* In-Door Storage - these bins are huge on the right-hand side.
* Extended Warrantee Price - I bought the extended warrantee from Home Depot because my previous fridge required ice-maker repairs every year. The H.D. price was a small fraction of brand X's warrantee. And so far, I've not needed to have any repairs done.
Things I'm a little disappointed about:
* The deli drawer is smaller than my previous fridge and doesn't pull all the way out, so it's not as functional as what I had. Actually, all the drawers don't pull out as far, leaving the back 7 inches inside. That makes getting things in and out a little awkward at times. My previous unit had tracks that let the drawers glide all the way out.
* Left-Door Storage. I knew it had to be shallow because of the icemaker, but still I was surprised by how shallow it is. There are three compartments: 2", 2-1/2" and 3" deep. That limits what can be stored there.
This fridge works very well. The temperatures have been maintained throughout, food is staying fresh a good long time. It hasn't needed any repairs, upgrades or changes (but it has only been a few months of use so far). I tend to put daily-use items on the right-hand side of the fridge so I only open one door for those. It's easy to keep clean. Some folks comment on the noise, but it is not as loud as my previous French door fridge from a very expensive Brand X, so perhaps I'm used to the sounds by now. The lighting is plenty good: I can see everything in cool, crisp light.
April 22, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by AJAH Great Refrigerator
The refrigerator is quiet and has plenty of room. The door open alarm has already come in handy and we've only had it one month. The temperature holds steady and the crisper drawer keeps all of the vegetables fresh.
May 28, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5Â by prmk Horrible product and horrible service
I bought this product nearly 1 year ago. Just 2 weeks before the 1 year warranty the refridgerator started collecting condensation and freezing all of my foods. I have been fighting with GE for the past 3 weeks to fix this problem. They have sent 2 different technicians and none of them can tell me what is wrong. I have frozen eggs, milk, frozen produce and entire pitchers of tea that are a solid block of ice. All they say is that there is nothing wrong. They have not performed any diagnostic testing at all. Furthermore I have gotten the run around with the customer service department. Do not buy GE and do not buy this refridgerator!
October 15, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Satisfied Very Satisfied
This refrigerator has met all the requirements I expected from GE. My previous model was a side by side and is still working fine. After installation was complete it took approximately 4 hrs to reach freezer temp of 0 degrees 37 for refrigerator. Following manufacturers guide for ice maker helps really the water taste better. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase. More space than I expected the lighting is awesome. The sliding tray for water or ice is an added plus feature that comes in handy for filling pitchers of water. The drip that some complain about is really not an issue for my household. Thanks GE for a wonderful product.
August 12, 2014