Rated 4.9 out of 5Â by 7
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0Â by Arandomparadox Great product, not-so-great other materials...
My husband and I bought a fixer-upper a couple years ago after we got married, so we are pretty handy and decided to re-do our countertops and replace our sink and faucet this past weekend. We did a retrofit of our 36" cabinet to fit this 33" sink (our previous sink was a standard drop-in 1970s style at 33", and with the apron front on this one the full 36" Kraus sink would have fit, but looked cramped as it would be directly next to the dishwasher).
The retrofit was surprisingly easy (we found a great Youtube tutorial for a similar sink by Kohler for ideas). We opted to leave the sink edge slightly higher (1/2") than our countertop, and are very happy with the look. We haven't used it much yet, as we finished late last night and need a part for the faucet, but I wanted to leave a detailed review on the things we've noticed from our work over this past weekend in case it helps someone in the future:
- BEAUTIFUL sink, and the accessories we got when purchased as a set (grids, drains, etc.) are very nice and seem to be very good quality. Looks awesome with our brushed stainless appliances and fits right in.
- Edges are great-looking all the way around (note that the back edge only goes down about 2", not the full height like the sides and front of the sink, but this was not a problem when installed).
- Love the deep bowls and the sizes of each.
- The sink was packaged securely in styrofoam that fit it very well, and it reached us in great condition. No crate as previous reviewers mentioned.
- From our initial tests (have to finish the plumbing), it seems it will be relatively quiet when the water is running.
- The rear-mount drains are great and gave us some space back in our cabinet for cleaning supplies - a welcome bonus!
Cons / Things I hadn't realized from product info and other reviews:
- Fingerprints show easily, but seem to be pretty easy to clean off as well.
- NO INSTRUCTIONS! The 4-page leaflet was inaccurate (some drawings are correctly the 33" sink as marked, but interior shows 36" measurements instead?? Very strange. We got the correct one off Home Depot's website thankfully, but the one in the box was wrong!) The leaflet only shows some dimensional drawings and future care instructions, and just says to have it professionally installed. Um, okay.
- NO hardware to secure the sink to the cabinet or anything else. We're figuring out how to do this ourselves, but thought it was very odd there is nothing included at all. We are using some basic bolts and washers to try and secure it, but it's a bit of a challenge due to the shape of the bottom of the sink -- very little to attach to!
- The "cut out template" provided with the sink is a large piece of cardstock with rounded edges. Note that it is NOT the size of the full sink at all, but rather is only for under-mount installations and was therefore completely useless to us for over-mount or flush-mount installation types. The template makes no mention of the fact that it only fits the bowl sizes of the sink, and not the full measurements. No other templates were provided. We also felt this was a little strange, but the measurements and angles are very straightforward and we managed to cut our laminate countertops without too much trouble.
Bottom line -- Very glad we bought this sink, and it absolutely seems worth the money. However, we wish the manufacturer had put a little more thought into their materials (besides the sink itself) -- definitely could have used at least some warning about the bad instructions, template and no hardware! I'm hoping that by writing this, some of the problems may be fixed in the future, or at least other buyers will know what they will get up front!
May 5, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Â by LuluR Deep Apron Sink
I was looking for a quality apron front sink at an affordable price and this was it. I'm very happy with it so far. I like the strainer and wire bottom accessories it come with as well. Looks great and is pretty solid and not tinny. It is VERY deep, which I like, but fitting in a garbage disposal might be tricky, be sure to check the tolerances. We had a bit of a tough time fitting the piping in for the dishwasher.
September 6, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Â by AmyC The best sink ever!
I absolutely love, love, love this sink. It is deep enough that water doesn't splash out easily. It has a strainer basket in one side that keeps food out of the drain. It cleans up quickly and looks amazing.
July 23, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Â by Indaburgh Great product
Finish, fit, look, and quality were great. I would recommend this sink to anyone.
October 28, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Â by carl5164 My wife loves it
This sink replaced a stone single bowl which my wife hated because 1) it had only one bowl and 2) it smelled because food would get into the pores of the stone and cause mold and 3) it drained very slowly. This stainless sink will never have those problems. The Kraus sink has a double wall on the front and sides so it doesn't matter if it sticks out past the counter - it's still attractive. it also weighs about 1/4th as much as the stone sink and has sound deadening panels as well as a rubberoid coating. The 10" deep bowls still have plenty of depth even with the included stainless bottom grates which work great for either draining dishes or just soaking them. The included drains are also of high quality and cost extra from many other places. This is about as low a price as you will find for this high quality sink and included accessories.
June 18, 2013