Free Shipping and BOPIS


Model # KN-COEG-3

Internet # 100003545

Store SKU # 791898

Plug-In Combination Explosive Gas/Carbon Monoxide Alarm Detector with Battery Back-up

This item has been discontinued.
The Home Depot no longer carries this specific product.

$39.88 /each
  • Easy to use and reset
  • Detects airborne methane and propane particles
  • Install directly into AC wall outlet or use included power cord




Model # KN-COEG-3

Internet # 100003545

Store SKU # 791898

Store SO SKU # 198092

Protect your home from dual threats by utilizing the Kidde AC Combination Carbon Monoxide/Explosive Gas Alarm. This combination alarm features a digital display that shows the current level of carbon monoxide or methane or propane gas in the air. When a threat is detected, this alarm produces a loud 85 dB pulsing alert that is sure to get your attention.

  • Combines a carbon monoxide and natural gas detector in a single unit for comprehensive protection
  • Metal oxide gas sensor is designed to detect particles of airborne methane and propane
  • 85 dB pulsing alarm sounds to alert you of a potential threat
  • Test/reset button performs a system check to ensure proper operation
  • 9 Volt battery backup provides protection during power outages
  • Peak level button recalls the highest carbon monoxide reading last detected since the most recent reset or power disconnection
  • Digital display shows the level of carbon monoxide or gas currently being detected
  • Install into an AC wall outlet directly or with the included 6 ft. power cord
  • UL listed

Info & Guides

You will need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader to view PDF documents. Download a free copy from the Adobe Web site.


Coverage area (sq. ft) 
Product Depth (in.) 
Product Height (in.) 
Product Width (in.) 
Alarm Type 
Carbon Monoxide,Natural Gas,Propane 
Alarm/Detector Features 
Battery Back-Up,Digital display 
Calibration (% of LEL) 
Connector/Contact Type 
Fixed or portable 
Gas(es) detected 
Natural gas 
Minimum detection (ppm) 
Power Source 
Response time (sec.) 
Voltage (volts) 
Warranty / Certifications
Certifications and Listings 
1-UL Listed 


Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 99 reviewers.
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by A good value and it works I purchased this unit after my wife woke me up and told me she thought she smelled gas. After being up the rest of the night assuring her she didn’t I drove to Home Depot and picked up this combination Gas/Carbon Monoxide detector unit. I tested it with an open gas valve and it works well. The alarm emits a very loud piercing blast that is sure to wake up even the soundest sleeper. Having an alkaline 9 volt battery (included) backup; it can be unplugged and moved from room to room for testing. You can plug it right into a 110 volt outlet or slide out a built in stand and sit it on the counter. I have used a Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide detector for several years with no problems. In my opinion this combination unit is a very small price to pay for a good night of sleep. June 26, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by This product is a must have. The product has Night Hawk technology which our fire dept suggest a carbon monoxide alarm have. It is easy to read, has a battery back up and is reasonably priced. We have one in our lower level, main level and upstairs level of our home. The carbon monoxide/gas alarm combination is the best way to go. March 4, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Good purchase/working good Everyone should have one/two in their home to monitor gas/carbon dioxide. This gives you peace of mind. November 3, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Peace Of Mind CO2 detectors are becoming more mainstream and unfortunately house explosions seemingly more frequent. Just 2 years ago not far from our residence an older couple lost their lives when their home exploded as they slept. Our century home is well over 100 and the hot water heat boiler (slated for replacement when finances permit) should be in a museum. The boiler and all mechanical systems are regularly maintained but never leave anything to chance. The CO2 / explosive gas detector makes perfect sense. After reading the reviews this detector was purchased and installed in a handy wall outlet at the top of the stairs right outside our bedroom. An unlit propane torch provided a gas "leak" source and the unit responded in a timely manner. I have no doubt the CO2 detection is as responsive. The unit has a pull-out tab on the backside to stabilize the unit against the wall. This tab needs a firmer lock as the unit is frequently bumped due to the location of the wall outlet right at the end of the stair handrail. The stabilizing tab consistently retracts with the slightest bump. Other than that minor annoyance the unit gives peace of mind. The recent price reduction was a nice plus. December 11, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by It the best we were had ... we recommend to my family and friends ... It sounds when need it other that it very good ... October 13, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Well I hope its working... The first unit, after 48 hours, started to chirp that the battery was running low. Replaced the battery 2 more times with the same results. Brought back to HD, and got another one. This one has worked well so far for the past few weeks. Ive purchased 6 of these for the family over the past 2 years, and this was the only one that ever had any issues. Do they work, well, I assume and hope they do. I would buy them again if I needed. Good product. September 15, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by So far so good! We've had ours installed for about 2 weeks, which comes with lots and lots of peace of mind because we recently had a gas leak in our house and never knew we needed a gas detector instead of just a carbon monoxide detector. The price is high, but you can't put a price on peace of mind. We haven't had any false alarms yet like other reviewers have complained about. We also haven't had any issues with the 9 volt backup battery like others have. Seems to be a good product so far! EVERYONE WHO HAS GAS RUN TO THEIR HOUSE NEEDS TO HAVE ONE OF THESE! We had a low level gas leak in our house that was making me sick, so I will never ever live without one of these again. January 2, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Well worth the money Bought this because my boys bedroom was being built close to the furnace. Didn't expect it to go off the minute I plugged it in. Turns out there was an issue with the furnace. Awesome product, a true life saver. October 1, 2014
  • 2015-11-29 T11:19:36.935-06:00
  • bvseo_lps, prod_bvrr, vn_prr_5.6
  • cp-1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_99, tr_99
  • loc_en_US, sid_100003545, prod, sort_default
2 3 4 >>