Tamper resistant outlets meet NEC to protect children from electrical shock. They have built-in shutters that block insertion of most small objects. Look for the marks "TR" or "Tamper Resistant" to assure it's an authentic protective outlet.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- Mechanical shutter mechanism prevents access to contacts unless a 2-pronged plug is inserted, helping ensure that foreign objects will be locked out
- TR symbol on receptacle face assures they meet the 2008 NEC section 406.11 code requirements
- Ultrasonically welded for additional assembly security
- Base and face made of high impact thermoplastic
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs