Rated 4.7 out of 5 by 9
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DityRDaddy Fluorescent-like lighting from LEDs
Ample light. Well designed for ease of installation. I replaced a failing twin-tube T12 Fluorescent light in an 11' x 6' walk-in closet with this unit. Definitely outperforms T12 and competitive with T8 illumination. The price was a bit discouraging, but I am satisfied that I have gotten my money's worth.
April 11, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BikeBoy This product is better than expected!
This LED light is a terrific alternative to 4 ft multiple bulb fluorescent fixtures. The light is warm like an incandescent bulb and provides a lot of light. The fixture can be used with a dimmer. I plan to use this model fixture in other rooms
June 28, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by NickyNicknicknic fine fixture, but maybe "feeling inadequate" about its length...
1) This "four foot" fixture is not 48" long! It's 46 1/2" (to 46 5/8" if bends aren't perfect). Thus if you're replacing an existing fluorescent fixture, you'll have to drill new mounting holes; these are approx. 42 1/2" apart instead of the typical 45".
2) The NX model has a 0-10-volt dimming ballast/driver installed. The box says "dimmable" but I didn't try using either an LED-compatible dimmer on the AC line or a 0-10V dimmer on the DC control I/O. In other words, I didn't connect the extra cables and it runs at 100% just fine, on a plain old light switch.
3) If you've never seen "WAGO 873" style wire-nut connectors before, they are push-in. Just strip 1/2", or maybe a hair less. (Copper only, no Cu-Al.)
4) The diffuser has a frosted film laid inside the usual striated plastic, to further hide the individual light point-sources. So you can't do any "creative" mounting on a side wall because it'll sag over time; this is a ceiling light and you must use it that way.
5) The LEDs are not dispersed 100% all the way to the very ends of the fixture, so you'll have a less-bright stripe at the ends, just like in a fluorescent fixture! Bummer...
6) Check your fixture before accepting it; particularly tilt the box end-to-end, to listen for any rattle. The diffuser is shipped pre-mounted on its end pins -- so if they drop the box, the heavy metal frame & ballast will hit the stops/hanging clips at the ends of the diffuser and might break off one or more. Broken end-clips means you'll keep over-shooting when trying to click the diffuser in and have to pull it back down.
Basically the light seems just fine, but it's only a minor improvement over an existing T12 fixture. That is, over a new fixture with *brand-new bulbs* -- but with this one, you won't have to keep replacing tubes as they dim, nor the ballast when it ages! Lithonia's spec sheet now claims this will stay at 90% of initial lumens for 60,000 hours(!), not the L80/50,000 listed here. It does look roughly 3500K and 4800l as claimed, at least in the middle. Light output falls off beyond the end caps, but the sides shine pretty well, only a tiny bit more "volumetric" (as claimed), than a standard fixture.
February 26, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by WolfCreekSam Let there be light!
The brightness is not quite the same a 4-tube fluorescent fixture, but the color of light is much nicer. Especially in a kitchen. As an added bonus, there is no buzz from an angry ballast. If you are thinking about buying one, just do it. The instructions are easy to understand and the installation is a breeze.
March 11, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Cmillerb18 Nice dimmable light
Good light and great range when using the 0-10v dimmer. Does require extra wiring to the fixture but it is worth it. A couple lenses broke on shipping. Hopefully it will be easy to replace
January 25, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by petvet Expensive front in cost, Lights the room well,
Lights the area well where we replaced T-12 fixtures. Will have to wait and see how long they last before we decide if there is any saving in the long run.
October 1, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Verified Reviewer BRIGHT LIGHT & STYLISH
I purchased 17 of these for my 6 car garage and all i can say is wow. Clean bright light and very stylish.
March 8, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by madmax light is bright
light is nice and bright but the cover could use some better looks. It is nice enough though I"m trying to ordr another one. But they are out of stock.
February 19, 2013