The Rheem Performance 40 Gal. Natural Gas Tall Power Vent Water Heater comes with a 40,000 BTU/hour environmentally friendly low NOx burner that provides ample hot water for households with 2 to 4 people. The electronic ignition system ensures safe and easy startup. Its maintenance free combustion air intake system means there are no filters to clean and replace. The self-diagnostic gas control valve monitors system performance. A premium grade anode rod provides long lasting tank protection. Factory installed temperature and pressure relief valve and 3/4 in. water connections are included with the water heater for easy installation. This water heater is ENERGY STAR qualified.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- California residents: THIS WATER HEATER DOES NOT MEET ULTRA LOW NOX (ULN) EMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS. REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE SALE, SHIPMENT OR INSTALLATION OF THIS WATER HEATER IN ANY AIR QUALITY DISTRICT THAT REQUIRES ULN WATER HEATERS. Please refer to the map below to confirm if your home is in a district that requires ULN emission water heaters, and if so please select an approved ULN model.
- REQUIRES STANDARD 110-VOLT ELECTRICAL OUTLET (3-PRONG GROUNDED) FOR INSTALLATION
- 40 Gal. tank provides ample hot water for households with 2 to 4 people
- Natural gas water heater costs less to operate than electric models
- Delivers 68 Gal. of hot water in the first hour
- 6 year limited warranty on tank and parts for your convenience
- 1 year in home labor warranty for peace of mind
- 0.67 energy factor indicates an energy star qualified water heater
- Maintenance free - no filter to clean or replace
- Electronic ignition system simplifies the startup process
- Self-diagnostic gas valve monitors system performance
- Can be vented vertically or horizontally up to 100 ft. to suit any application
- Vents with PVC, CPVC or ABS
- Designed for easy replacement of your existing water heater
- Call 1-855-400-2552 before noon for same-day service in most areas, or Visit our Water Heater Installation page for more information.
- Meets 2015 NAECA Standards
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs