Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 492
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by OnoOne Poor Design
This Samsung Gas Range is nice to look at. However, its functionality is limited by serious design flaws. It appears that the designer was more of an artist than a cook. The grates on the cooking surface do not support a small sauce-pan very well; the pan tips if the handle is at a 45 degree angle (viewed from above); see photo. The major flaw however, is in the design of the oven racks. They cannot accommodate 2 cookie sheets placed side by side length-wise on the racks as our old smaller GE range oven could have. The Samsung rack is not deep enough, although the oven itself is sufficiently deep. There is a gap between the back end of the rack and the back of the oven of about 2". The up curve at the back end of the rack limits the length of the cookie sheet that can be placed on it; see photos. This is a very poor design. A call we made to the home-depot was forwarded to Samsung, who was unable to help, as they said a longer/deeper replacement oven-rack is not available . Plus, we were told that the unit cannot be returned since the unit is not defective. Don't purchase this gas range unless you can live with these practical deficiencies.
October 4, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Roadrunner Very happy with this stove.
We’ve had this for over a year and so far, we have been really happy with it. I like to bake and my wife likes to cook. There are several of us in the house and we can get a lot of food cooked and baked at the same time with this stove. The burners can put off a huge amount of heat which means that you need a really good hood/fan that can move a lot of CFU’s. Here are some specific points about this stove:
1. The four main burners work well and are fairly easy to clean.
2. The center long burner is nice for cooking on a large pan or switching the grill out for the extra flat pan that came with the stove.
3. The oven seems to be spot on with the temperature and bakes really good bread, cookies and pizza.
4. I have only used the broil a few times but it seems to do a good job (used it to melt cheese on jalapeno poppers and sandwiches).
5. The stovetop cleans up fairly easily but there is some disassembly required, especially if the small holes where the gas comes out get gummed up.
6. The oven racks are easily moved around.
7. The oven door is cool to the touch when the oven is on which is nice as we have a little guy running around.
8. The controls on the oven are easy to use and understand. Plus, the oven door can be locked which is nice for keeping the little guy from opening the door.
9. The cleaning mode is awesome. It works very well and can be done with a couple of settings (long or short). I have never had to use oven cleaner with this oven after a self-cleaning mode.
Things that could be better:
10. I did notice that when I spilled egg white on the stove right after we got it, that the paint finish dulled and looks dirty. It’s almost like the egg white damaged the paint.
11. We had to remove the burner knobs as the little guy figured out how to turn them on. It would be nice to have a control to turn the gas on or off (parental/lock mode)
12. The bottom drawer seems a little flimsy but we don’t use it much as it’s not that big and can only hold a few flat pans.
September 17, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Draco Great buy!
Clean and stylish for any modern kitchen- Stove top is easy to clean (do not use abraisive sponges), oven lights up brightly and roomy storage under. Be aware, the oven will smell for the first few uses due to excess plastic and other holding products. Use lots of ventilation for the first few uses.
Griddle takes a while to cook food (Grilled cheese), yet, stove top boils water fast. Check the manual to determine which plate is best for what meals.
Chicken Nugget and Pizza mode, which I'll probably never use, is a fun feature to have if you have kids.
Delivery and installation was fast, they were in and out in 20 minutes and took away my old range.
June 7, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by gardengal Beauty and Function!
Never had stainless steel appliances before, and I am in love with this range! Gorgeous in my kitchen, and it prepares food too! Love that it has 5 burners and a bonus griddle! Samsung is great quality, and I got it on sale at an unbelievable price! So Happy!
August 9, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by CK16 Great new stove!
This stove has exceeded my expectations. I had a builder's quality 16 year old stove that was on its last leg... This stove matches beautifully with my other stainless steel appliances. My son remarked, "welcome to the 21st Century!" Preheats quickly, cooks evenly... I am a baker, and the oven is wonderful. The stove top is easy to use, a breeze to clean and the center burner and grill are great for breakfast or anytime grilling. The delivery team was professional, friendly and explained each step of the timely installation. I ordered this stove online- a first for me... The Home Depot site was easy to use and saved time over a store purchase. I would purchase again using this method!
September 27, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by BigApple Best stainless steel oven for the price
This Samsung oven looks great. It has added value to my kitchen well above the purchase price for this unit. The only problem is it seems to stain easier. I have all stainless steel applicances and yes, it stains but the Samsung seems to take dirt more readily - including the black enamel parts. However, it is not a major problem, thus the good rating overall and yes when it is on sale, you can't beat the price.
October 19, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Vanessa Wonderful
Had to replace our old oven because things were taking twice as long to cook. Unacceptable, especially with the holidays approaching. This one preheats to 450 in about ten minutes and cooks SO evenly. Baked goods come out perfectly risen with no lopsidedness, and evenly browned. The stovetop heats efficiently as well. I've had to lower temps while cooking because my old stove never got as hot. Only downside I can think of is the cooktop shows every streak when cleaning. Otherwise it's beautiful. Paid for Home Depot's installation, and they were great.
October 4, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by kaka worst range ever
The control board has a short circuit and the samsung do want to pay for the repair my gas range just been 6 months! i hate this brand now from the phone to range. poor quality
October 14, 2016