Rated 3.9 out of 5Â by 1870
Rated 1 out of 5Â by ML37 Complete Garbage
The worst lawnmower ever. I had a Toro riding lawnmower for a few years and it was great, I am so disappointed in this one. I will start with the good, it does start with no more then two pulls, if not jammed with grass. Ok now the bad: Front is too light, bounces when going over a slight bump, ends up missing or not cutting grass right. The recycling part, I should say what recycling part, it leaves clumps everywhere, it jams up and misses so much grass. You can't walk backwards, it will leave clumps of grass. I have had mine for four and a half months and it makes the loudest (deafening) noise on recycle, I need to get it repaired or if I can take it back. The gas mileage is horrible, surprising cause I have the one with a Honda motor. The side discharge is aimed too high so if any wind when your cutting blows it in your face.
I would give it a zero star if they let me.
September 12, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by TedWinnipeg Great Mower
I just bought this mover to replace a 15+ year old Personal Pace Toro that was still operating. The original one served me well over the years, with little or no problems. The new one is an updated version of the older one and a little more refined and powerful. Easy to assemble and started first pull out of the box. I love the ability to switch from mulch to bag with a flip of a knob. Leaves a clean cut with no trailings. I had a Honda mower at my cottage and had lots of starting problems and it was in the shop frequently, I sold it. This Toro is a reliable and quality machine at a reasonable price. I would never buy anything other than Toro.
May 12, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by 2014HondaCivicLx Personal Pace 22 Inch Self-Propelled Gas Mower
This review is based on only using the lawn mower today for the first time, but I don't expect much to change going forward.
(1) Very easy to setup, only takes minutes with most of the unit already together for you.
(2) Came with a bottle of oil.
(3) Started on very first pull.
(4) Personal pace option works very nicely and I found I was using it for most of the lawn including the flat parts.
(5) Easy to brush off clippings from body and under bag door.
(6) Checked under body, hardly any grass clippings clinging to underside.
(7) Not any louder than a typical gas mower.
(1) When ever you shut it off for what ever reason it will not start on the first pull. Took 2 or 3 pulls each time, not sure why with a new mower? Maybe the auto choke has something to do with it?
(2) Wheels did spin a bit going up a slope in my backyard, but not every time.
(3) The unit is much heavier than a typical gas non-self propelled mower so keep this in mind when buying. The personal pace lever really makes it feel easy to use so use this option most of the time and you'll be just fine.
Overall thats about it, happy with purchase. Don't feel as tired after mowing as before with a non-self propelled mower. The hill in my backyard was tough with a normal mower.
Note: Sales person in store was excellent, very knowledgeable about product and did a really good job with me prior to making final purchase.
August 23, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5Â by EasyRyder 2 Years later: Does not start on warm engine.
Basically that's it. Frustrating to say the least â every time I stop the mower to empty the bag or for any reason the mower is impossible to start again. Even on 10 pulls. I have to wait an hour at least for it to start again this takes me a long time to cut my yard. The 3 Year Warranty is still in effect for Rapid Start so I'm off to a dealer to see what happens. I guess I'll have to wait a while for them to look at it as they are very busy at this time. I might have to buy another mower to continue mowing. Personal Pace is not suitable for my sloping back yard as you have to push the mower to get it going several times to be effective on a sloping back yard. Personal Pace is OK for a flat lawn. Right now I'll never buy a Rapid Start mower as it turned out to be a gimmick 2 years down the road. Otherwise I would give it 3 stars instead of 1.
July 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Toro Toro Self -Propelled 22 "
I am passing on my experience of how to avoid starting problems.
I talked to several lawnmower repair depots before purchasing to find out why so many lawnmowers end up with starting problems.
A. Starting problems are usually caused from using too low octane gasoline with ethanol. They recommend using supreme gas.
B. Also add a gas stabilizer : 1 oz per 4 litres of gas.
I give the Toro lawnmower 5 stars. No problems with starting. Starts first time every time. The self paced model makes it very easy to mow.
April 23, 2014