Rated 3.9 out of 5 by 53
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SarahC Beautiful, high quality flooring for a great price
This flooring was a lot cheaper than most of the other options we were looking at, so we were a little worried about the quality. When it arrived, however, it was beautiful and easy to install. It fit perfectly in our bathroom, and looks like real bamboo flooring. It was easy to trim the pieces around the tub and toilet. A great alternative to real bamboo in a wet place (bathroom, kitchen, etc.) Highly recommended!
August 18, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Ppww Terrible product and homedepot is not standing behind their product
Easy to install,and we still have the professional to do it for us. However, the biggest flaw is the adhesive on this material. My friend had other texture,but works fine. There is some problem with this bamboo. The adhesive is weak and the floor is peeling up in many places even though it was well conditioned. We were referred to the manufacture company from homedepot.
The company sent the independent floor inspector to check the condition under the floor, and decided there is nothing wrong but the material. The manufacture compensate the material 100%, however, neither them or homedepot is willing to pay for the labor, because,they said it is a do it yourself product. I won't recommend it to anyone.
June 12, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DIYHomeowner 6 in. x 36 in. Bamboo Light Resilient Vinyl Plank Flooring Finished Product
For $150, I installed the bamboo light plank in a 6' x 17' walk-in closet. I have only 2 planks left over so 3 boxes did the job without a lot of waste. It looks great, but just be sure to get the gaps between planks as close as possible. Otherwise, it won't look as authentic. In gaps that were spaced a bit further apart, I used a filler like wood patch to fill in the cracks and that made a major difference in the overall look.
January 20, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by tundraboomer Just the ticket for the bathroom
We have a light bamboo laminate flooring in most of the house but like many homes built in the 90s, our master bath was carpeted and I never had the laminate installed because I was worried about it holding up to the moisture. When I finally got sick of the carpet in there, and it was time to carpet the master anyway, I decided to look for a resilient flooring similar to the laminate in most of the rest of the house.
This Allure flooring was a decent match so I read up on it and decided to give it a whirl.
So far, so good. It installed pretty easily, it looks good, repels water just fine, and the smell is diminishing more very day. Here is what I learned about this stuff when I installed it.
1. The long planks are less forgiving than vinyl tiles (for example) when you discover your walls are neither square nor true. Check everything carefully and come up with a plan to compensate for any small gaps ahead of time. Once you start sticking the planks down, it's hard to make adjustments even though this is a floating floor.
2. Buy a vinyl tile roller and use it.
3. Make sure your subfloor is flat and smooth. Unlike floating laminate floors that ride on a thin layer of foam underlay, this sits right on the subfloor. If it has any defects or is wavy, it will show. My subfloor was pretty rough so I put down a 1/4-inch sanded plywood overlay on top of the rough plywood subfloor.
4. It scores and snaps very easily but I used a vinyl tile cutter for most of the cuts which makes everything go faster and keeps everything square.
5. The smell is kind of nasty at first. For lack of a better description, it smells like a warehouse full of bicycle tires. But it does diminish over time.
Overall, I'm happy with Allure so far.
April 29, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Peeton Nice flooring
Have installed this type flooring previously and customer was looking for a bathroom floor, so we decided on this style. They loved the color/pattern. I did have some issues with some seams not closing up perfectly.
March 1, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MsMoMpls Super easy to install and looks classy!
Great directions, looks just like I expected it to look.
July 16, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by tippy302 Looks terrible. Wavy.
This product looks terrible and is not well made. Very cheap construction. See my photos. Looks good when you install it, then weeks later the adhesive will fail.
November 9, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Michele Love that flooring! Easy care, waterproof
I mostly love the fact that since it's waterproof vinyl, there won't be any water damaged floor to replace in cases such as toilet overflow (kid tries to flush teddy bear) or overflow from dishwasher, sink or shower stall. Or from storm leaks. No worries, mon!
April 8, 2014