Rated 4.7 out of 5 by 14
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by eddy bought this desk for my 19 year old son.his room is on the smaller side and this desk fits great! not too small and not too large! my husband and him put it together and had no problems at all. He loves it! great desk! and for the price you can't find one much better!
October 29, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Irish Easy to assemble, exceptionally sturdy, very attractive. More than worth every penny
October 25, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DBgirl Z lines Cherry Desk
Was looking for quite a while for a desk to fit my needs, Seen this desk in another color at local store but wanted in another color. So went home and searched online and found the same desk in the colors I liked at Home Depot.
I'm very glad I bought this and I'm very happy with this desk. It fits perfectly in the space I planned for it in a corner of our family room. Very rich looking but inexpensive to buy, love the looks of the beautiful cherry wood and black Glass, it is a very solid and excellent quality built product. It arrived very well packaged and with detailed numbered instructions and parts.
Love the top shelf that holds my 2 monitors at just the right viewing level. The keyboard pullout drawer could be a little more stable but definitely not a deal breaker.
I matched the desk with a Burgundy colored mesh chair and my little home office is complete, I love the fact that both the desk and chair compliment our space.
I would highly recommend this desk to anyone.
Buying online and choosing delivery to my local Home Depot store offered the lowest price which was certainly the icing on the cake.
October 25, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Edwin Great Result; Complex Assembly
I just finished assembling this computer workstation, and I want to write down my impressions while they're still fresh for the benefit of others.
First of all, DON'T BUY THIS unless you have reasonable mechanical skills or have access to someone who does. This is NOT a "mobile workstation" -- it is a "mobile workstation" KIT, which requires about two hours of careful assembly. The assembly process is not excessively difficult, but unless you have decent mechanical skills and take care, I think it's easy to wind up with a Zero-star result.
- I rate this as four-stars, averaging the five star result with the three-star assembly process. While it still has the look of budget furniture, I consider it fairly handsome, certainly far nicer than the fake wood grain over particle-board junk I've seen in places like Target and Walmart. (And yes, the panelling undoubtedly has a particle-board core. At least it doesn't pretend to be something else.) But the assembly process, while well-explained, is involved and has some tricky aspects.
- The carton will fit into an SUV, but weighs 70 lb. The young and strong can carry it inside from the SUV -- I couldn't.
- Everything needed to assemble it is included except a medium Phillips-head screwdriver.
- Unlike a reviewer on another r]site, I discovered no misaligned or damaged parts. While there were styrofoam particles (the carton has a lot of styrofoam padding), I also did not not notice any fiberglass mentioned by a different reviewer.
- A nice touch is the inclusion of some extra screws.
- The most critical and physically challenging part is driving the wood screws holding the casters to the base. I had to exert a fair amount of downward pressure to drive them home without stripping the screw heads, so much that the palm of my hand ached for a day or so. Make sure you drive the screws all the way home, even though it is painful and difficult. I advise against drilling out the holes to make it easier -- the screws are quite short and need the benefit of all the grip they can get.
- The instructions were quite clear, with ample letter-keyed illustrations describing both the parts and assembly. French and Spanish versions of the instruction booklet were provided in addition to an English version.
- The instructions advise having a second person help mounting the glass top -- a reasonable precaution, since if you drop and break it, not only might you need an emergency room visit, but the price of a replacement glass top might come close to what you paid for the entire kit. However, mounting the top is not very difficult, and I did it alone. Just put the containing carton on a flat surface, free the glass from the inner styrofoam and align it so that you can set it onto the frame without awkward contortions.
- The instructions say to completely tighten the Allen bolts only when assembly is complete, so you can wiggle the parts enough to get the holes to align. I decided to fully tighten the bolts at the bottom of the base after mounting the sides, because I didn't want to have to turn over the completed unit to tighten them. This caused no problems.
- The only other instruction I did not follow was to screw the keyboard shelf to the sliders from the bottom after the unit is placed upright. Since driving the screws into the base was so hard, I instead turned the base and side panels upside down and drove the screws exerting downward pressure. If I were to do it again, I'd screw the keyboard panel to the sliders immediately after mounting the sliders.
September 24, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by RGM Desk
Desk was easy to assemble, took about 2 hours, all parts were included, looked and performed as described, very happy with purchase and Home Depot delivery to store via UPS was good.
September 18, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Nana Very Nice and Sturdy
Very nice desk at a great price! Good quality. Looks expensive. Love the wheels to move around as needed.
September 13, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mavis CHERRY FINISHED CYRUS WORKSTATION
The desk has nice design. Easy to assemble, good size and affordable!
June 14, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by JEB IT GREW ON ME
The desk seemed quite open at first and all the wires were exposed. Office furniture seems to be reflecting the move to wireless. This item is well made--My only complaint is that the pull-out board for the keyboard is a bit wobbly. I am getting used to it now. I have had several compliaments on the unit.
March 22, 2016