Rated 2.8 out of 5Â by 8
Rated 4 out of 5Â by BBDocent Well designed, love the capacity, but roll-out strips are a problem
After 18 mos. the ball bearing strips on which the compacter glides began slipping out past the front of the drawer. The drawer still slides in and out, but the ball bearing strips continue to migrate forward. When they begin to keep the door from shutting, I break them off, but the drawer still slides.
I chose this compacter over competitors because of the clean lines, the door that is separate from the drawer, and the large capacity of the compacter. The odor-absorbing disk works really well.
I order replacement bags online because there is not a convenient local supplier. Soon, I'll be needing a repair for the taveling ball bearing strips.
March 11, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Mike Expensive but does the job
I purchased this in 11/10 on a promotion when I remodeled my kitchen. I installed it myself. So far I am satisfied with it as it does what it is supposed to do - compact trash. I set it to super pack at midnight when the bag gets full. A bag of kitchen waste ususally goes 3 - 4 weeks with two adults. Install was easy. The need to open the door and pull out the drawer vs. a toe kick keeps this from a 5-star review. Value can only be determined as the years go by and the appliance doesn't break. Unfortunately, I'm finding many of my appliances don't have life expentancies over about 5 years.....if I'm lucky. This is terrible for the costs
This is a good unit
January 9, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5Â by wizard47 wouldn't buy a trash compactor next time
like: looks, and storage compartment for bags
features: don't use the programmable feature or auto delay and don't know why i would use them.
value: i never would have purchased if i knew the cost at the time.
performance: 1, now is the 3rd time the compactor has stopped working and emits a ticking sound continuously until it is unplugged. but, when i plugged it back in this time it was still ticking. i unplugged it and haven't used it a couple of months. 2. order control mechanism doesn't rotate the deodorizer. but i only use for recycle anyway.
overall rating: disregarding these 2 problems it works great and cuts down on our recycle volume.
August 22, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5Â by cmtexas Stay Away...Far Away
The design is nice and the controls are simple. That's where the good things stop.
1. The bags for this unit are very non-standard and you have to buy very special bags at $20 for 12 bags of plastic.
2. The ram stays down in certain modes by design. One problem, you can still open the door and people have a habit of not opening the door and stuffing trash in with the ram down. Major problem. If the unit senses trash in between the ram, it will not cycle. If it does, it will stop short of getting to the top, and you are screwed. There is no way to complete the cycle and you have to send it off for service.
3. On issue 2...you can stuff trash in with the ram down. See issue 2.
4. No foot pedal for opening the trash like every other trash compactor on earth. My wife hates it and now hates that I chose it.
5. No way to secure the compactor to the cabinet frame. So, the compactor slides backwards every time you shut its door.
I cannot believe people gave this a good review and I can't believe I believed them.
October 30, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5Â by wingit Very disappointed
I installed this product in a our kitchen remodel along with other appliances. In the 70 days that I put up with this compactor it worked only 6 days and no more than 2 consecutively. The limit switches would not stay set and the service technician took the product back to the shop twice. After a 12 day stay in the shop the unit came back and worked less than a full day. I finally threw in the towel and gave the compactor to the Godwill and bought another brand for which I've had zero problems.
August 21, 2013