The Kompact model is available in 2 different size tread widths - a 29 in. model and a 35 in. model. Each of the two Kompact models can be configured into different shapes at installation with the L and U options available. It is available in 3 colors - black, white, and grey - powder coat finish painted-ready to install. The standard Kompact staircase kit is adjustable in height from a range of 7 ft. 4 in. to 9 ft. 11 in. and with additional components, can be extended to a maximum height of 12 ft. 2 in. The minimum height for this kit is 6 ft. 3 1/4 in. (here you simply use fewer treads). The Kompact comes with the internal handrail for one side. A second side handrail is available as an optional accessory. The Kompact stair treads are manufactured from European beech wood, finished with a light natural stain and clear coat protective sealer. Riser bars are available in a set of 11 to close off the back of the treads. To complete your project a balcony rail kit is available. Each Kompact staircase kit is shipped complete with detailed assembly instructions and a DVD to assist in your installation.
- Supporting structure made from steel
- Treads and handrails constructed from solid premium beech wood
- Black powder-coat finish
- Adjustable height
- Includes assembly instructions and DVD
- Can be installed with one 90-degree turn in either a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction
- Important: consult your local building inspector for specifics regarding compliance with the local building codes