The new Solar Powered Fresh Air skylight lights up your home and provides proper ventilation using only the power of the sun. It features a solar panel that captures any available daylight, and uses it to recharge a highly efficient battery powered operator and control system. The solar panel does not have to be exposed to direct sunlight to function, so it will work on cloudy days and with indirect light.
- Eligible for a 30 percent federal solar tax credit on both product and installation costs, making this product very affordable
- Inside curb dimensions for VELUX VCS 2246 models are 22.5 in. by 46.5 in. and outside curb dimensions for VCS 2246 models are 25.5 in. by 49.5 in.
- Qualifies for a 10-year No Leak installation warranty when installed with VELUX flashing (required, sold separately) on a roof pitch between 10 and 60 degrees
- ECL flashing is required when installing the skylight on a shingle/shake/slate roof, and ECW flashing is required for installation on a tile or high-profile roof
- Operated by a VELUX INTEGRA control pad (included) with easy touch screen control
- An integrated rain sensor will close the skylight automatically, in case of inclement weather
- Features laminated Clean, Quiet & Safe glass with a Neat glass coating that keeps your skylight cleaner, reduces unwanted outside noise, is energy efficient, and has an extra glass pane for added safety
- Consider adding a VELUX solar powered blind (sold and shipped separately) which is eligible for a 30 percent federal solar tax credit and allows you to control the light