Easy enough to use - no un-threading at the edges when pulling off a length, sticks when you put it on and stays there enough until you get some mud on - feels thin - I don't recall having to go over it multiple times to hide it. I had a small patch job - from pulling out a closet - rather than putting up sheets of dry wall.
Nearly impossible to find the start of the roll. Frays like crazy. Then won't stick to clean drywall. It literally started falling off by itself. Forget about folding it into a corner or wrapping it around an edge. I pulled the rest off and threw it in the garbage.
We have used FIBA tape product earlier on this job and was pleased however this one was far inferior in quality. It did not stick well at all and the edges frayed off as we rolled it out. Not happy at all.
Good product, not perfect but easy to use I bought this for some fix-it projects when I first bou...
June 14, 2017
Good product, not perfect but easy to use
I bought this for some fix-it projects when I first bought my condo, now I'm using it to tape the gypsum board seams on my bathroom remodel.
- Easy to work with
- Easy to cut
- Adhesive is strong but can be pulled up to reposition tape
- Small squares can be cut off to patch small holes (doesn't only have to be used for seams or large projects)
- Can sometimes not adhere very strongly to painted walls
- Can develop "bubbles" on edges if you don't put it on perfectly straight or need to make a curve with it - but just snip into the bubble perpendicular to the edge and it's gone
- Can sometimes be seen through joint compound if you don't do a good job mudding... so do a good job mudding :-P
Overall, a decent product for the DIYer and handy to have around the house.