Your furniture provides the setting for life’s special moments. Dining room tables make dinnertime conversations possible. Living room sofas are the spot for special snuggles. And bedframes are the backdrop to countless goodnight stories. From the entryway to the master bedroom, the right furniture will help you make lasting memories in your home.
Furniture by Room
Consider these furniture options for each room in your home:
• Entryway. Keep your family organized with entryway furniture that corrals clutter. Store shoes in a storage bench, hang coats on a hall tree and add an entryway table for a neat way to hold essentials. Place keys, sunglasses, dog leashes and mail there on your way in the door.
• Kitchen and dining room. Choose dining room furniture that matches the size of the room. A small, round table works best in a kitchen with limited space. A larger table adds elegance to a traditional dining room. Select bar furniture like high-back stools for a kitchen with an eat-in bar or island.
• Living room. Make your downtime more enjoyable with plush, comfortable living room furniture. A large sofa and reclining chairs offer plenty of seating for the whole family. Add a coffee table and entertainment center to store games, movies and books stylishly out of sight.
• Bedroom Furniture. Functional basics like a bedframe, nightstands and dresser act as the focal pieces for a master bedroom. For a child’s bedroom, opt for baby furniture and kids’ furniture that’s perfectly sized to store toys, books and keepsakes.
• Home office. Whether you have an office nook or an entire room, select home office furniture with plenty of storage. Choose a bookshelf or file cabinet in the same material as the desk for a complete look.
Styles to Consider
Choose furniture in complementary styles for each room in your home. Coordinate wood tones, metal accents and silhouettes for a cohesive look.
Mimic the appearance of antique furniture with furniture that has a distressed finish. Dark wooden furniture also lends an old-world feel.
For a more modern space, accent your home with mirrored furniture. These sleek pieces reflect light and create the illusion of extra space, making them perfect for a small home or apartment. A wooden TV stand, side table or bench adds just the right amount of contrast to modern furniture.
Whether you choose a coordinating bedroom set or mix and match different pieces, your bedroom should feel calm and relaxing. White bedroom furniture is a simple and serene option. Plus, it matches almost any style of decor.