The best wet/dry vacuums make cleaning feel like less of a chore. Wet/dry vacuums can clear away both wet and dry spills around the house while also clearing away heavier indoor and outdoor debris.
Not all types of vacuum cleaners are a one-size-fits-all. Depending on your needs, you may want more than one vacuum so you can tackle many different chores. Shop vacuum products at The Home Depot and clean up any space.
What to Consider When Choosing Wet/Dry Vacuums
With all the types of vacuum cleaners available, you can find the right vac for any task, whether that’s tidying hardwood floors or cleaning upholstery. Check out our wide selection of small vacuums
, vacuum filters
, Shop Vac products and more.
Wet/dry vacs are classified by capacity (measured in gallons) and peak horsepower (hp). They are available in a wide range of types and sizes from portable and handheld units to 5-gallon vacuums
and large 18-gallon professional vacs.
Tip: Small units with a high horsepower and low capacity work well in demanding environments with restrictive space requirements.
Select a wet/dry vac that features on-board tool storage, storage or quiet operation to improve your capabilities. We also carry Shop Vac accessories
and vacuum hoses
• Some motor technologies provide quieter operation without sacrificing airflow and suction.
• Filters trap dirt, drywall dust and other debris and prevents it from recirculation. Some units include HEPA filters that harness more than 99% of dust mites, pollens and other allergens. Many filters also include antimicrobial treatments that help prevent the growth of bacteria, mold, mildew and other harmful substances. The more stages in the filtration system, the more control for maximizing performance with a wide range of debris types.
• On-board or built-in tool storage holds all of your nozzles and cleaning accessories along the side of the vacuum.
• For easy storage, some vacuums feature wall-mounting capabilities for saving space.
• Built-in spouts or drains that make emptying liquid content simple and easy for hassle-free cleanup.
• Hoses and nozzles with large, wide passageways greatly reduces the potential for clogs and blockages.
If you need assistance shopping, our Best Wet & Dry Vacs for Cleaning Buying Guide
will help you choose the best capacity, horsepower and features for your ideal wet/dry vac.