Create these simple DIY signs to decorate your home for fall
Celebrate the harvest season and flex your DIY muscles with some simple lawn décor. This guide will teach you how to create a sign you can paint and light up to make any fall design you like. Get creative! We’ve chosen to paint a candy corn and a ghost, but this shape is ideal for other fall designs such as acorns and, with a little tweaking, a football!
What You Need
Measure and mark cuts on the plywood according to the below cut list.
• To get a symmetrical shape, fold a large sheet of paper in half and draw half of the shape along the fold (draw so your shape is 8 inches wide and 21 inches tall along fold).
• Cut out the shape and unfold to create template (shape should now be 16 x 21 inches).
• Trace template onto plywood.
• Follow your markings with a jig saw to make curved cuts on the plywood.
• Use a sanding block to smooth any rough edges.
• Paint or stain all cut pieces prior to assembly.
• Center a stake on the bottom of your cutout so that the pointed side of the stake is hanging off the edge.
• Secure the stake using 1 ¼-inch wood screws.
• Carefully drill multiple holes where you would like lights to poke through the plywood.
• Place lights through the plywood from the back side.