How to Build a Crate End Table
What You Need
Measure and mark the plywood and PVC pipe according to the below cut list.
On the 2- x 2-foot plywood:
• 9 ½- x 18-inch board On the ¾-inch PVC pipe:
• Three 10 ½-inch legs
• Two 6-inch supports
• Use a circular saw to make the cuts you just marked on the plywood.
• Use a ratcheting PVC cutter or hacksaw to make the marked cuts on the PVC pipe.
• Smooth any rough edges using a sanding block.
• Mark 1-inch in from each side and make a mark in each corner of the plywood.
• Carefully drill a hole on each mark using a 1-inch spade bit.
• Paint or stain the wood crate and plywood.
• Allow to fully dry.
• Mark holes 3/8-inch in on the short side of the plywood and 3 ½-inch in from each side.
• Using the 1/8-inch drill bit, pre-drill the holes before assembling.
• Place the plywood on one side of the crate and secure using 2-inch wood screws.’
• Paint the PVC adapters and allow to fully dry.
• Apply adhesive on the pipe threads and inside the 1-inch holes you drilled.
• Push and twist the male adapters into place.
• Build two “U” shapes with PVC pipes: place the 6-inch pieces between two elbows and attach two 10 ½-inch pieces into each remaining elbow hole.
• Glue each joint.
• Glue the 10 ½-inch pipes into the mounted male adapters.