This Multinautic High Freeboard Floating Dock Kit can be assembled with the following dimensions: 6 ft x 16 ft or 8 ft x 12 ft, to fit your needs. The kit includes the necessary Galvanized Steel Hardware and Polyethylene Commercial Floats to assure a high freeboard of ±18 in. This dock can be installed as an addition to an existing floating dock with a similar height profile. For a new layout, it's strongly recommended to have this floating dock preceded by a semi-floating gangway such a Dock Kit #19212 to ensure a smooth transition with the land (or fixed dock) and a good stability. This kit is affordable and easy to build whether you're a handyman or not. The result is a nice, long lasting Dock that will resist the harsh conditions of the North American climate.
- Kit includes 1/4" thick Hot-Dip Galvanized structural corner brackets, back plates and sturdy chain retainers, 1/8" thick inside joist corners and back plates, and their corresponding 1/2" and 3/8" carriage bolts
- Also included: four (4x) 24-in W x 60-in L x 16-in H foam filled floats, with a buoyancy of 750 lbs. Manufactured in the United States by Hendren Plastics, Eagle Floats exceed all the Marine Industry standards for encapsulated dock flotation using cutting edge technology: Infrared telemetry- Computer controlled steaming
- Refer to the image on this page to view the required material to buy locally to complete this project. We suggest 2-in x 6-in lumber but 2-in x 8-in lumber can also be a good choice (wood and screws are not included in this kit)
- You can combine multiple dock kits to create a larger dock layout. This kit can be combined with other Floating Docks of a similar height but should be preceded by a Semi-Floating Dock Kit model 19212 using Multinautic Dock Hinges item19133 (sold separately)
- Kit includes 2 extra back plates with 8 carriage bolts allowing you to install a pair of Dock Hinges, item number 19133 (sold separately). These dock hinges can also be combined with the larger inside corners
- It's suggested to start your floating dock layout with a fixed dock section such as kit model 19206, then install a semi-floating gangway (kit 19212) that will make a smooth transition to the floating dock. Read the DOCK LAYOUT PLANNING GUIDE on this page to help you make the right choices
- A complete line of Dock Protection and Accessories is also available to customize this dock kit