Create café-quality coffee beverages at home with a DeLonghi espresso coffee maker. DeLonghi espresso machines can make you feel like a barista in your own kitchen. Here’s how to find one that’s right for you.
Features to Look For
No two home espresso machines are the same. Consider these features:
● Semi-Automatic. With a traditional-style Italian espresso machine, you’re in full control of grinding the beans, measuring your grounds and controlling a steam wand.
● Automatic. An automatic espresso machine simplifies the more involved tasks of espresso making. It can include a built-in bean grinder, heating system and steam control.
● Flow. Look for a model that gives the option of a single shot or a double shot of espresso, as well as a steamed milk setting. Most espresso coffee makers double as a cappuccino maker and latte machine.
● Color. Find a machine that meshes with your style. For a sleek look, choose a stainless steel espresso maker. For a fun pop of color in the kitchen, go for candy apple red.
● Multi-brew Water Tanks. Some DeLonghi espresso machines have water tanks that allow you to brew several beverages before having to refill. This is especially great for a dinner party or when you have multiple espresso drinkers in your home.
How to Use an Espresso Machine
A home espresso machine can be simpler to use than the traditional one in your neighborhood coffee shop. Key features may include a coffee grinder, water filter, steam wand or jet frother, and milk container.
Espresso grounds need to be finer than regular coffee. They can be packed into a portafilter once they’re smooth and powdery. To make a cappuccino or latte, froth the milk with a steam wand and keep it at the right temperature. Most home machines include built-in features that do this work for you.
DeLonghi espresso machines are automated yet versatile, and many include a frother. You don’t need to know exactly how to make a cappuccino. You just need to know which button to press.