A KitchenAid stand mixer is an iconic kitchen appliance with a trusted reputation that has spanned generations. For busy bakers and home chefs, a KitchenAid mixer takes over the tasks of stirring, whisking and even kneading dough. Thanks to an array of KitchenAid attachments, it can be used to make everything from sauces to cakes.
Types of KitchenAid Mixers
There are two main types of electric mixers: handheld and stand. Handheld mixers are compact and simple to use. They’re ideal for quick blending tasks and can be stored away easily. KitchenAid stand mixers come with a mixing bowl and operate on their own. That means you can tackle other tasks while your mixer whirs away. Stand mixers also work with a range of add-ons. They can blend, chop and even make foods like pasta and sausage.
KitchenAid Mixer Attachments
Accessories for the KitchenAid mixer attach to the stand to turn it into a multipurpose food prep machine. They’re typically lightweight and dishwasher safe.
• A slicer/shredder attachment features stainless steel blades. They can slice or shred vegetables or cheese. This eliminates the need for manual dicing or grating.
• A food grinder attachment has a fine plate for meats and a coarse plate for firm vegetables and cheeses.
• A sheet cutter attachment has two adjustable blades. It can cut thick or thin sheets of fruits and vegetables. Use it for healthy dishes like wraps or vegetable lasagna.
• A pasta cutter-and-roller set helps you make pasta from scratch. The set includes a pasta roller, spaghetti cutter and fettuccine cutter.
• A citrus juicer makes quick work of juicing oranges, lemons and other fruits.
Get several attachments together with a KitchenAid attachment set.
KitchenAid Mixer Colors
You can keep KitchenAid mixers right on your countertop, and you’ll want them there, thanks to their attractive design. A stainless steel KitchenAid mixer is a modern choice for any commercial or sleek home kitchen. It’s also available in bright hues that add a pop of personality. Choose from green, blue and red KitchenAid mixers to add a cheery splash of color to your kitchen.