A lit candle in a beautiful candle holder quickly sets the mood and adds warmth and ambience to your home. From simple votive holders to intricate candelabras, you can find a candle holder to enhance your decor—even when the candles aren’t lit. Candle Holder Styles
Perfect for tabletops and walls, candle holders work in any room of the house. Here are some ideas for decorating your home:
• A pair of candlestick holders or a pillar candle holder provides an elegant focal point. Place them on a sideboard or make them the centerpiece of your dining table. Clear glass or mirrored candle holders work well in modern homes. For more traditional tastes, try wood, ceramic and wrought iron.
• For homes with pets and children, hang candle sconces on your walls or in doorways. They make a style statement while keeping candles safely out of reach of little ones.
• A candelabra, also called a candle tree, holds multiple taper or pillar candles. Traditional options include polished silver or gold. Display one or more on your dining room table for a special occasion. More contemporary options are made of glass or wood.
• Votive or tea light holders
hold multiple small tea light candles
or votive candles
and are often made of glass or crystal. Arrange a grouping on a coffee table or counter for a cozy look, or in your bathroom to create a spa-like atmosphere.
• A candle warmer provides a subtle room fragrance and is a safe alternative to a real flame. These warmers work by gently heating wax melts or small candles in a warming dish above an electric heat source.
Use Indoors or Out
Hurricane lamps have a special design with high glass enclosures that protect the candle flame from drafts. Place them on surfaces inside or outside your home. Try nestling a hurricane lamp in a swag of greenery for a safe and festive holiday centerpiece.
Candle lanterns, also known as luminaria, are ideal for the outdoors, but work well indoors too. Their design typically features attractive lattice patterns that the light shines through. Many have a handle so you can easily pick them up and move them.