Henckels knives, made from fully forged German stainless steel, have a reputation for being durable and retaining a razor-sharp edge. J.A. Henckels knives are tough enough to last for years in a professional-style kitchen, yet make food prep at home easier and more efficient.
Features of Henckels Knives
Known for their high-quality yet lightweight design, Henckels knives have triple-rivet handles for a curved and comfortable grip. Select a variety of knives, so you’re always sure to have the right tool for the job. When choosing new cutlery, consider the following knife types:
● Chef’s Knife. The chef’s knife is the workhorse of the kitchen and can be used for a number of different tasks. With a wide curved blade, it can slice through large cuts of meat and dice and mince vegetables. A chef’s knife is not ideal for fine work like peeling fruits and vegetables.
● Carving Knife. With a long, thin blade, a carving knife excels at cutting smoothly through meat for uniform serving slices. A two-piece carving set includes a carving fork, which can be used to steady roasts, turkeys and hams while carving and can also be used for serving.
● Paring Knife. A paring knife is designed for precise detail work like slicing strawberries or peeling apples.
● Bread Knife. This is a serrated knife with a long blade designed to efficiently slice through different types of bread without damaging the loaf. You can also use a bread knife to slice fruits and vegetables like pineapples, watermelons and tomatoes.
● Cleaver. With a very heavy, thick blade, a cleaver can cut through meat and bone. It can break down whole poultry and cut through tough food in one slice. It’s not a precision cutting tool.
● Kitchen Shears. Shears are included with many J.A. Henckels knife sets and can be used to break down a whole chicken, snip fresh herbs and cut kitchen twine for tying off a roast.
J.A. Henckels knife sets range from six to 17 pieces. Choose individual cooking knives. Or select a full J.A. Henckels knife block complete with Henckels steak knives to instantly build your Henckels cutlery collection.