Any style of chandelier will help lighten up a space, but white chandeliers add an extra dose of brightness. Whether you choose an antique white fixture with basic bulbs or a truly unique chandelier with dozens of LEDs, a showpiece is sure to complete your room.Chandelier Shopping Tips
There are a few things to consider when searching for the perfect light fixture for your space:
• Color — White chandeliers are light and airy, and they don’t feel as bulky as darker fixtures. Because it’s neutral, white can work with almost any decor. Cream chandeliers have a softer feel that works well in country style homes.
• Size — Make sure you get a ceiling light that fits your space. If it’s too large, it will feel intrusive, while an undersized fixture won’t have enough presence. Knowing how to select the right sized chandelier for your space
• Number of Bulbs — Consider how much light you’ll need from your fixture. Multi-light pendant chandeliers with a higher number of bulbs will be brighter than those with a lower amount.
• Size of Bulbs — Some chandeliers mimic the look of traditional candelabras and use small flame-style bulbs. More modern styles, such as round chandeliers or those with drum shades, use larger bulbs with higher wattages.
• Location — How low your fixture can hang will depend on where you install it. In hallways or open spaces, you may want to consider low ceiling chandeliers, which are installed tighter to the ceiling. If you’re installing a dining room light over a table or island, it can hang lower or be larger.
Chandelier styles vary greatly and you can always find one that will fit well in your home. If you’re contemplating the addition of chandelier lighting to your home, make sure you review our chandeliers buying guide