DIY Wood Tray
Time Required: Under 2 hours
Every workspace should have a functional storage solution. Whether you need a central place to keep screws and safety gear or an easy way to sort craft items, a homemade wooden storage caddy can fill the need. Read below for step by step instructions on how to build your own with just a few tools.
- (Two) 15 3/4-inch pieces from the 1- x 3-inch sides
- (One) 14 1/8-inch piece from the 1- x 3-inch long divider
- (Two) 12 7/8-inch pieces from the 1- x 3-inch ends
- (Two) 6-inch pieces from the 1- x 3-inch short dividers
- (One) 14 3/8- x 15 3/4-inch piece from the plywood bottom
- Sandwich the ends between both sides to create a rectangular frame.
- Attach with wood screws.
Tip: Use a drill bit slightly smaller than the screw (1/8-inch) to pre-drill holes in the wood. This will prevent the wood from splitting.
- Center the long divider inside of the frame, running perpendicular to the ends.
- Secure with wood screws through the bottom and ends.
- Place both short dividers on each side of the long divider, making sure it’s centered.
- Secure with wood screws through the bottom and sides.