How to Make a Wood Stocking Door Hanger
Time Required: Under 2 hours
Wood stocking door hangers are a fun alternative to traditional Christmas stockings. Your whole family will enjoy making and decorating these holiday accessories that can be displayed during the Christmas season year after year.
- Clamp the plywood to your work surface.
- Use the jigsaw to cut out both of the stockings.
- When cutting, position the plywood so that it hangs over the work surface so that the jigsaw blade can cut without any obstructions.
- Collect the four boards that will make up the storage box: the 6-inch board will be the front of your box, the two 3 ½-inch boards will be the sides and the 4 ½-inch piece is the bottom.
- Apply a bead of glue to the left edge of the bottom piece.
- Place one of the side pieces into the glue and nail into place.
- Repeat this step for the other side piece.
- Run a bead of glue along the edge of the U-shaped frame you built.
- Place the front piece on top and nail it into place.
- Paint or stain the box.
- Allow it to fully dry.
- Place the storage box face down on the table with the opening of the frame facing upward.
- Line the edges with glue and place the stocking cut out, paint side down, on top.
- Secure with nails.